View Single Post
Old 11-23-2022, 07:28 PM   #22
SSDA Hemi

Liked 428 Times in 66 Posts
Default Re: Good news! R&P Steering legal in SS/AH

Phish, I hope your car doesn't sell. You crack me up and I do believe its personalities like yours that help make the SS/AH class what it is! Love it and LMAO!!

And I have no problem with you writing a letter and asking for your wishes. I am just flabbergasted NHRA makes a rule change as big as that off of 1 letter. Where was the SRAC email or maybe poll the SS/AH racers at Indy. Let majority rule. Let those that are actively participating decide their own fate. I've stated I don't like the rule change because it bastardizes the Super Stock class. Why does NHRA decide the fate of the class on 1 letter especially when it appears to lead the category down the wrong path.

The Hemi racers went down this road some years back with the Hemi head debacle. We learned then that there was no turning back and the class still suffers from the wrath of that rule controversy. This Rack and Pinion deal will be the same way, the big question is where do we draw the line and say enough is enough? Maybe the ratio of racers entering the class changes more favorably to racers leaving