View Single Post
Old 01-07-2022, 11:28 AM   #724
oldskool
VIP Member

Liked 750 Times in 361 Posts
Default Re: Best Pontiac Powered Stockers

Factor Finder Info !

A guy with a '72 FF, sent me this Pontiac info. It is not what I was expecting.

MOST of the popular engines commonly used for racing were not mentioned.

I Emailed him some questions, like, did the book say that all engines not mentioned would use factory hp rating ?

And, were there any numbers for '66, '67, & '68 Pontiac engines ?

Do any of you guys have the hp factor info which NHRA published in the mid '70's.

Would also like to get the factors for the popular Pontiac engines which NHRA published around 1980.

That would have given NHRA a few years to evaluate the Pontiac combos that were running quick.

There MUST have been certain Pontiac combos which got hits. That's all I'm trying to find out.

(1) Which Pontiac combos got hit ?

(2) Exactly WHEN did they get hit ?

(3) What was the old factor & the new one ?

These seem like simple questions. But apparently the answers are EXTREMELY hard to get.

It sometimes seems that all this old info has just disappeared.

Or maybe it does exist, but it would take the right person having access to it, in order to publish it on a forum, or somewhere else on the net.

It's just a bit frustrating sometimes when so much info is available these days but some of this old info doesn't seem to exist.

So, one more time. Does anybody reading this have access to NHRA hp factors, which they published in any or all the years from '75-'80 ???

I you don't, do you know someone who does, that would be willing to look up some factors for me ???
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Factor Finder 72 .jpg
Views:	103
Size:	588.3 KB
ID:	61663  

Last edited by oldskool; 01-07-2022 at 11:46 AM.
oldskool is offline   Reply With Quote