View Single Post
Old 02-19-2009, 06:24 PM   #4
Tom Goldman
VIP Member

Liked 703 Times in 206 Posts
Default Re: 1150 dominator Questions

Some 1150 Dominators DO come with power valves. ...The 80556 is one. ......Some builders use them to keep the car more drivable when enriching the idle circuit on a throttle stop carb.......The idle holes in the blades look a little big,but unless you cannot set the idle down to an acceptable speed leave them alone. ....If the idle cannot be set with them open ,replace the blades ,Dont plug them with a screw!....the screw will disturb the air flow past the booster,not to mention the concequences of one falling out! .....Replacement blades are available from many sources and are easy to replace. ....My newest carb I'm running uses a PV in the Pri side with a 10 # spread from pri to sec. on the jets. ...I have not run it on the track yet ,BUT it is absolutly the most responsive 1150 I've ever had! ..I'll find out how good it is in a couple of weeks at Atco. .......Tom ...............One last thought,unlike constant flow fuel injection,where the answers are usually universal, if you ask 5 people how to set up your carb ,chances are you'll get 5 different answers!

Last edited by Tom Goldman; 02-19-2009 at 06:30 PM.
Tom Goldman is offline   Reply With Quote