View Single Post
Old 12-16-2022, 05:18 PM   #14
BKSG1198
VIP Member

Liked 985 Times in 300 Posts
Default Re: Head And Neck Restraints

Been wearing one for over 10 years now, I watched Tom Giordano crash at Atco at the LODRS race and eventually pass away weeks later from his injuries. That Christmas I went to my Parents and had them both buy me a JEGS GC so I could buy one, when I realized you need to be fitted with the Safety Solutions one, I asked Jeff Kundratic if he would be willing to honor my gift cards and I'd pay the difference which he did. Jeff came down and spent 2 hours fitting me in the car, making sure everything was where I wanted it to be. Our car with the Funny Car Cage is a little bit of a PITA to be able to hook the clips once your strapped in. I still have the same one, been upgraded and re-certified twice now but, wouldn't get into a car without one.

My only complaint with the whole thing is if we're going to make it for the Super Classes, you need to make it for all the bracket / index classes also. I say this because I deal with it on a regular basis, you have racers who run 10.00 index at the local Index Series events, they are not enforced to run a 3 pants / suit, diaper / belly pan...so when they come and run a local series like mine I get the pushback of I run 10.00 index here on a regular basis and it's not required, why at 10.90 it is...and yes I know some rules are based on speed. Just like the gray area with TD / TS and Advance ET Lic that I get. You need a TD / TS license to run that class which requires the 15 suit, fire ext, etc but, you can get an advanced ET License for 7.50 and slower and don't have to have that stuff. I get it, a lot of racers are sticks in the mud when it comes to safety, I've been racing for 40 years and nothing has happened, why do I need it now.....I got one that lives downstairs but, like Tom said after seeing Will's crash at Cecil, I think we all need to re-think our safety.
BKSG1198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked