View Single Post
Old 12-16-2022, 12:06 PM   #13
SST159

Liked 18 Times in 12 Posts
Default Re: Head And Neck Restraints

I purchased a Hanns 3 several years ago and have been using it on and off to get used to it. Yes I did have it re certified last year which I used a company out of NJ only because they were closer to me. The process is very similar to re certifying belts. Be sure when you have it re certified, you tell them what size tether you want. They come in different lengths. The only thing I do not like about the Hanns 3 is the belts do not fit nicely on the shoulder. It seams they are designed to fit 2" belts and not 3" belts. One thing I am not sure of and perhaps someone could clarify is the head sock vs the helmet skirt spec. I personally do not want to use the head sock therefore I am looking into using the Velcro attached helmet skirt. The way I read the spec is not clear to me in the NHRA rule book. I read it as SFI 3.3 which is confusing because what is available is 3.3/5 and 3.3/10. Can I use a 2 layer SFI 3.3/5 helmet skirt or does it have to be a 3.3/10 which I believe is 3 layer. Both are available. Next question is if anyone uses the helmet skirt is it recommended to use a standard style or is it better to get the tapered style? The tapered style has less fabric to stuff in your suite.
Appreciate any input.