Thread: Indy Tech
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2008, 09:25 PM   #3
Mike Voth
Live Reporter

Liked 40 Times in 13 Posts
Default Re: Indy Tech

That was fun at Topeka! They were going to leave the car at Earlville and rent a car to come back for a couple of days, but they have had a rather rough time at Indy this week. Dad couldn't get the transmission to shift to 3rd or 4th during a qualifying run at Topeka. Thought he fixed the problem, but it re-appeared first run at Indy. Long story short(er), after three aborted runs and a broken transmissions later (first time we have ever hurt a Jerico), he stabbed Gene Bichlmeier's spare in the car for one final attempt at the top 128, John Force style! Now I have to sit and listen to eliminator on my computer tomorrow morning at 6:30 for round one!

Ok, it's not finalized yet. Just heard they might still be going, but won't know for sure until after Monday. I don't know if you saw the video I posted on YouTube, but I always enjoy seeing new cars in the area that we don't normally see. You guys obviously take great pride in your operation, and it shows! It was a pleasure lining up next to you at Topeka, and we all look forward to seeing you guys again soon! Good luck at Earlville!

I also heard that #7 qualified Jay Higgins will miss eliminations due to legal trouble. Oops!
Mike Voth is offline   Reply With Quote