View Single Post
Old 08-04-2008, 11:32 PM   #25
Michael Lyons

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Lightbulb Re: Ford in Comp Eliminator?????

Uh it will cost alot and you better have lots of spares cause nobody else in the pits will when you break a rocker or something. I keep buying parts and the gm cars or lack of rule enforcement keeps makin em obsolete... I have been running SS/AS just to dodge the recent index bashing and my 16 time world champ buddy tells me he has an East Texas 09 Cobalt and a $50000 motor on order to run AS with, so looks like I will have to keep on buyin new about to be obsolete parts :P I can't afford the rings or the valvetrain components anymore.. it costs more for lifter bushings and the cam tunnels than the blocks cost and a set of rings is almost as much as one... if it ain't on Ebay, and it ain't, I can't afford it anymore.. I don't have $50000 in my 401K much less to blow on an engine for a class that the car counts are getting scary low here lately... been there, done that.. anybody wanna buy a ole Mike Bos Modified car?... still got it, pay $50 a month to keep it in mothballs til I can try to put some kinda engine in it to give it away... Yeah so glad I got the comp bug when I was a kid, thanks dad... But hey if someone else wants to pony up the $100-150 in developing a sbf combo I will be watchin here on the internet sayin "go get'em chief!" LOL more power to ya! Go Erich Bollman, keep on keepin on buddy! They're gettin as much as anybody in recent years, kudos!
Michael Lyons is offline   Reply With Quote