View Single Post
Old 04-24-2024, 03:38 PM   #4
Ellis V Buth

Liked 295 Times in 57 Posts
Default Re: Designated Pairs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP1738 View Post
Can someone explain to me what exactly this is? A friend of mine informed me that I'll likely be a designated pair at this weekend's national in Charlotte. He said that they typically consist of the bottom 3 qualifiers and their opponents. I can't find anything on NHRA Racer about it and wanted to know more and what to expect should I be included in it. I've qualified last or next to last at every divisional I've been to so far this year and I don't think that's going to change this weekend.
When Alan gets on the mic and calls "Stock to the lanes" bright and early on Saturday morning (or whenever r1 is slated to run), you'll need to be up there first thing no matter what side of the ladder you're on. Typically, they'll call "Designated pairs (list the drivers) and left side of the ladder to the lanes please".

Nothing to get worked up about or stress over, but you will end up being one of the first 3 pairs of cars down the track. If you're a designated pair and you don't show up in the lanes on time, they won't wait for you to get there and run at the end of the class.
Ellis V Buth is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked