View Single Post
Old 02-05-2024, 03:42 PM   #12
Mike Pearson
VIP Member

Liked 1,656 Times in 507 Posts
Default Re: Too Slow/Q-Jet question

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP1738 View Post
Could not answer any of these question right now. I only had it apart long enough to replace the needle/seat and float. Set the float up best I could based on resources I found online. Is there a good resource on looking at what I have and determining what's in it? I'd be happy to take it apart and measure everything just so I could have a baseline starting point. I just worry about taking it apart so far I can't put it back together. Granted, I suppose that's about the only way to learn how.

What is a "fast" throttle plate? Also have not messed with the air flap but I know that it does open at WOT, just not sure how much or how fast.
If you come to Orlando I will be there. I wound glad to take a look at what you have. I can show you what a fast throttle plate is. And how it works. It is a linkage modification that brings the secondary in faster. You want the secondary and air flap to open as quickly as possible with out getting a bog. Sound like your carb is basically a stock Q jet. Even if you don’t bring the car come out and we can meet and talk