View Single Post
Old 01-24-2024, 06:07 PM   #173
Bryan Broaddus

Liked 18 Times in 3 Posts
Default Re: Accusump - pros & cons

I too am a fan of the accusump!
I run mine a little differently with a manual valve operated from inside the car. I pump it up before shutting down overnight so I have a charge for pre-lubing the engine first thing in the morning. In the morning I'll open the valve and will let the accusump drain completely, then shut the valve. Fire it up and make my way to the staging lanes. I will keep the valve shut until I fire it up to pull into the water box. This way the oil in the accusump is at the same temperature/viscosity as the oil in the engine. I'll open the valve fire the engine and let it pump up with oil and make my run. After I make the run I shut the valve after I have killed the engine. Coast around and will reopen it to pre-lube the engine again before firing it up on the return road. Ill keep it shut the rest of the time.
We have done some back to back testing on our Big Block Super Stockers and there is a difference in HP on the dyno.
Generally speaking we do not add any additional oil for the accusump. Why not store some oil outside of the pan?