View Single Post
Old 09-13-2023, 11:18 AM   #43
Cglrcng

Liked 143 Times in 76 Posts
Default Re: A 30 year journey, and a 2nd chance.

Saturday AM (on like 3 hrs. sleep, Jr's are running late, as they started at 8:00 AM (I have decided there is no fighting the track or the car attempting to chase speed today at over 6K' plus corrected elevation, cannot change the converter situation here period, and adding more fuel at this point...still running through the stock Inj. and FP Reg., will make bad things worse, not better if I step up to adjustable FPR and a +60 Injector and increase much above the 40PSI I am already spraying in this junk air, why dirty up good plugs).
Just put it in D, go slow, really slow...and concentrate on the tree, your E.T incremental(s), make it as consistent as you can, find out what makes it happiest, and gather the data for later. I don't even know yet what this new rebuilt engine likes. (I find that out later, cold is fast, the opposite of back in 97' when it had to be warm or it wouldn't run at all).
It is Bracket Race Day. Big heavy breakfast, so the light is still going to be slow early, just creep up on it...FIND THAT MUCH NEEDED SPOT! (And when you do, memorize it, burn it into your much older brain!)
Test and Tune session #2 (added Trans fluid, zero other car changes). Deep green but slowly finding my way slowly downward (and the incremental(s) are looking pretty good, as long as I keep everything even and the same, then on to Starting the Bracket program (2 T.T's. and Elims., and that is where the .082 comes 2nd T.T., light is still Junk (I ate half the Subway Sandwich my wife brought me back from another errand run, DO NOT eat that other half, the food will be digested), oh did I mention by this time after 2 hot days in the Vegas sun I could float a boat with all the hydrating I have been doing, inside, outside...drinking water by the gallon, but really glad that I had SPF 50 spray slathered on, no sunburn and am having a blast!
Time for First Round I finally get to Race someone and play a top end game hopefully side-by side in the lights at the stripe! (I have been savoring the moment I lived for decades ago!)

Ok, that went umm, not so well, then why am I so happy (my first rnd. leave, a hold your breath type, you just know that was the spot, deep breath held as leaving, and will it be green?) Nope -.007 on the wrong side of the tree, but I found it! And I know exactly how to adjust to it! (The good, the bad, and the ugly, no excuses, all wrapped into 1, and I was smiling (over my first loss in many years), at least until I saw the opposing .732 R.T. w/ a W in his column. Ouch, that hurt for a second, but I know where my spot really is on Day 2! I have wondered all summer just how long it would take me learning this LED Tree, it looks different on video, and feet are different than a thumb leave on a practice tree.