Old 01-30-2023, 10:30 PM   #17
GarysZ24
VIP Member

Liked 197 Times in 78 Posts
Send a message via MSN to GarysZ24 Send a message via Yahoo to GarysZ24
Default Re: NHRA Decisions

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHRA1926 View Post
Two years ago, I made it down to the last 5 cars at the last Atlanta GA National event in Super Street. I got $250. The entry fee was $320. How does NHRA justify this kind of pay out? I made it down to the last 5 cars at a National event, and I can't even get my entry fee back with the winnings? Am I wrong, or is there is something really wrong with that picture? With all the money a national event brings in, why can't a racer even win enough to cover their entry fees with the earnings of getting down to the last 5 cars. Oh, and when I sent them an email with my concerns about this, they responded with how LUCRATIVE their contingency program is. They don't even understand that the only racers who receive contingency money are the winner and runner up! I was so infuriated with their response to this. It was like they were telling me, "Well, we do pay out if you get to the final, but if you don't, oh well, thanks for coming and spending your hard earned money to pay all of our executive vise presidents salaries." Pros don't pay entry fees, and get paid just to make qualifying passes, but we cant even get our entry fees covered by making it to the quarter finals? But, we all keep going back don't we!
Here's my Top Five reasons for still going, by order of significance:

1. IHRA was rejected out west, so this is my only drag racing option.

2. I still love the competition. I'm not nearly ready to hang up my helmet.

3. The camaraderie and racing family I get to enjoy in this sport.

4. I love the travel to and from the races.

5. This is a sport that I've been blessed to be fairly good at.
CF/S #5824 (#78 in 2021)
GarysZ24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked