View Single Post
Old 03-07-2022, 10:34 AM   #6
oldskool
VIP Member

Liked 750 Times in 361 Posts
Default Re: Driver Interviews

I'm sure you guys get LOTS of suggestions as to who you should interview.

So, I'll add my opinion.

Scott & Brad Burton.

Why ?

(1) Scott has built & driven some really quick old school Pontiacs, for the last 20 years or so.

(2) One of those cars was the quickest Pontiac powered Stocker ever built, which was a 1970 RAIV Formula Firebird.

(3) One was the '72 Bird that Brad has driven to 2 nat Stock championships. It's the same car he just drove to win BOTH races at the div 7 doubleheader.

(4) One Bird runs GT Super Stock & was #1 qualifier at one of the weekend div 7 races.

(5) They even have a '74 Bird Stocker that Scott's wife drives occasionally.

(6) Together, they've won quite a few races. Brad even won one of the Spring Fling bracket racing events, in his Stocker.

Bottom line is that with all the experience they've had building & racing mostly old school Pontiac powered, Stock/SS cars, they seem to be just the kind of guys you'd wanna interview.

Another good candidate is Bob Michael.

He has built & raced LOTS of Stock & SS Pontiacs thru the years. Not sure, but I assume he has more experience building & racing Stock/SS Pontiacs than anybody else. So, he should have a vast knowledge of not only the old school Pontiacs, but how racing has changed thru the years. He's definitely one of the veterans of the sport.

Last edited by oldskool; 03-07-2022 at 10:47 AM.
oldskool is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked