View Single Post
Old 01-04-2022, 09:53 AM   #709
oldskool
VIP Member

Liked 750 Times in 361 Posts
Default Re: Best Pontiac Powered Stockers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Witzel View Post
Raymond Simmons must have ran the Ventura after the Camaro, he held the 1979 N/S record with it.
WOW !

THANKS so much for posting that !!!

It shows that the record was set at Laplace. That was a track near New Orleans. We ran our '68 Bird Stocker there once in '75. My girlfriend was driving. She got a trophy for the E/SA class win. We'd also run State Capitol at Baton Rouge, the night before, where she'd also won E/SA.. I probably wouldn't remember this little bit of trivia, but she recorded it in our racing scrap book.

It was significant to us because it was our first built-from-scratch Stocker, & it was the 1st time the car ran in the 12's. We also have a pic of those 2 E/SA win trophies in the scrapbook.

We also took the Bird & my '69 GTO Stocker to the '75 points race @ Laplace. But, Wesley pointed out a few very small items that were not legal, which I couldn't fix away from home. So we just watched, then came home. THAT incident was a big reason why I never tried to run Stock again after that season. I've noticed that Stock tech has gotten a LOT looser in recent years.

Back to that nat record list. The McKinney '68 Firebird held the E/S record.

And Rock Running's '71 T-37 held the E/SA record.

Where do you get all this info ? Is this a list you copied from an old ND paper ? Wish I had all the ND papers from those old days, so I could look up stuff & post it without having to bother anyone else.

BUT, since I DON"T. I REALLY appreciate it when someone here will help me look up stuff.THANKS to everybody here who has & will help me lookup stuff from the past !!!!

Last edited by oldskool; 01-04-2022 at 10:03 AM.
oldskool is offline   Reply With Quote