View Single Post
Old 04-05-2021, 09:28 AM   #8
Ken Miele
Live Reporter

Liked 13,254 Times in 1,238 Posts
Default Re: Big $$$ S/SS Races as a Business Model..Viable?

Mark,

I can not speak for the other promoters as I have had no contact with them. I think its great that they put these races on to give STK/SS more options. As for what we do, I plan on doing a Class Racer National every year, and hoping for two next season. Its not about the money for us, its about racing at a good event were the racer is treated with respect and appreciated for there support.

From what I saw and heard about these two races, the racers were treated great and had a good time. The promoters did and excellent job as far as I am concerned. Whether they have them next season, who knows, but I hope they do.

This biggest hurdle on promoting these races are finding a race date that does not interfere with NHRA scheduling. Another issue is finding a track that you can work with. Fortunately for us Numidia Dragway owned by the DiMino family is a great place to promote races. You could not ask for a better family to work with.

The racing we all do, whether it is NHRA, NMCA or promotion races like these, are mostly supported by our entries. With that being said, we all deserve to be treated as paying customers. And as the saying goes... the customer is always right.

So guys, CRN will be around for sometime. We want to give a better option for the racers and make them feel like they are the stars, and are treated as they should be.
Ken Miele is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked