View Single Post
Old 09-24-2017, 08:32 AM   #4832
Tom Broome

Liked 70 Times in 39 Posts
Default Re: Original hemi dart information

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewart Way View Post
I saw one of Kennys cars at Atlanta Speed Shop. I remember it being the tallest back end I ever saw on a Dart. Still leafs back then. As for the 2 EA's in Atl. The first that Terry Earwood won Indy with has been totally restored as original and was a featured car in BJ Scottsdale this winter but didn't meet the reserve. I talked to the owner before the auction but he didn't say what it was but it was no sale at 1+ M. Who new a $2400 used car would be worth. The second was owned by Mike Bogina but I don't know if it is still in his family since his death.
It was hard to get the 71 convert as heavy as the Mopar claimed so maybe a little weight might have been somewhere in the back half but I don't remember any bondo on rear renders. The interesting rear fenders were on the SS&DI or CarCraft SSDA Cuda that Randy Scott owned. The Legal Eagle. That car had 12.2W's with no frame rail work. E body folks know it won't fit but they did. Randy always said it just took the right offset wheels. Nooooo.
Stewart you just KNEW you could get me started.
Steve,I didn't say it was or wasn't Kenny Nichols. I just said I wasn't doing Kenny Nichols stories.
We do know who was involved in the Car Craft Legal Eagle project don't we. See a trend there?
I always heard the SS/EA with bogus quarter panels was from up North. There is a body filler heavier than Bondo. Something about quarter skins?
Tom Broome is offline   Reply With Quote