View Single Post
Old 12-29-2007, 12:53 PM   #17
krugracing12

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: The death of bracket racing........

Mongo
Congrats on your second child we hope all goes well, Christmas was good exept I worked Christmas eve so it was hectic when I got home at 8 am. How was yours? I think we are going to race the junior more this year so I will probably see you at some point. I may be headed your way to drop off a motor at PMR.

Mr Cook
I am no electronics or bracket racing wizard, nor have I used either box. but if you bring a 6.90 dragster that is de-tuned to 7.10 and is set up to auto-tune to that number as it goes downtrack, for that matter any car that is oblivios to track or air changes regardless of ET would offer an "BigTime" advantage. The Davis box alone, In a low 7 sec car on a crappy track where 9 second cars are spinning downtrack offers an unfair advantage. These days everyone wants to chase, hold a few and drive the stripe. With out these things the fast cars were at the mercy of track/air conditions, so driving the stripe was still a guess. I don't care if it's 8.90, 9.90 heads up or dial-in with a full tree, if half of the equation (the cars ET) is a "sure" thing and your only lifting if it is "in the sack" you are going to win rounds. Fortunately this does not always mean a win, so people that do cheat often have the pleasure of cheating to lose. As far as my knowledge of bracket racing goes, I was under the immpression it was supposed to create a level playing field for all participants. Unfortunately there will probably always be someone that has to "get an edge" on the rest of us, and will do whatever it takes. Have a safe and happy new year.

Bill Krug
krugracing12 is offline   Reply With Quote