Adub464Q

Liked 386 Times in 74 Posts
Default Re: Super class survey

Quote:
Originally Posted by The LL View Post
three classes:

run what you brung
Lance, I'll kill you! LOL jk.

This poll is completely ridiculous. I for one am opposed. Fortunately, I am a person who only has about 20-25 grand in my entire Super Comp operation. I was fortunate to who have won a dragster through a bracket race and have progressed up to the Super Comp category.

By changing the indexes, this becomes a rich man sport. To be able to run 8.0 or even 7.90, one would have to sink another 15-20 grand in another motor. In today's times, I would assume that this is not feasible for many people.

Take a look at national events, the super comp category was full the majority of the time. Why change something that works?

My motor will only run 8.20's or so, therefore I would not be able to make the index change. You don't have to run 175+ to be competitive these days.

By no way am I gloating or bragging on myself, but in the last three years, I have been able to be competitive in super comp going 158-59 mph. I made it to the Allstars this year, finish second in the division, and have even won a couple divisionals and made it to the final of a national.

The status quo has not changed so neither should the indexes. Like mama said, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Austin Williams
S/C 464Q
STK 464Q
Adub464Q is offline   Reply With Quote