View Single Post
Old 08-20-2010, 04:24 PM   #19
Bill Baer

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Is it time to fix Super Class Racing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSTRACER323 View Post
Great topic Baer,

I had to get out of my S/ST car because of cost. The cost of entry fee's taking time off work, fuel, parts and lack of pay out.
I love Div racing it was great fun, good people (even you Root) hahaha
It just got out of hand, changing perfectly good belts every 2 years, changing out shields that had nothing wrong with them. It just got crazy.
Then being skipped over and over in rotation, run at 9:00 and then the next run at 2:00??????? why so long between rounds.
Sorry off the topic....

I did not mind being chased. I adapted to it and made it work ok. I never won a race but made it to the semi's 3-4 times and the qtrs 3-4 times. My car topped out at 132. I really don't now what can be done, do we try a MPH limit? Do we go with a Cubic Inch limit? I think that 150mph in S/ST is a bit much, but that is just my opinion.

I am interested to see what people come up with.....
Dough Boy I feel your pain when it comes to the NHRA Div. races that why I don't go to many of them. As to your suggestions The NHRA purposed a MPH limit for S/C but some one (probably their contingency sponsors) quickly squashed that and cubic inch limit could work, but might just lead to higher spinning motors for the bucks up guys and 150mph SS/t isn't a bit much, it's absolutely ludicrous!

I too am interested to see what other people come up with

Last edited by Bill Baer; 08-20-2010 at 04:36 PM.