View Single Post
Old 10-18-2009, 07:38 PM   #3
Bill Baer

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Advice for new bracket racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockme668 View Post
I want to bracket race in a series in the Chicago area. I am new to drag racing and would like some advice on a series and racing class. I would like to run a Big block with a world block. Thanks
Shock me 668

Well if you want to run Pro (No electronics) a door car with large enough (the bigger the better) slicks a powerglide and a big block are a good way to go. I wouldn't recommend steet tires you need to be capable of running with in +/_.01 of your dial.
If you want to run 'Super Pro" (electronics/delay box)I would recommend a dragster. dollar for dollar they are cheaper performance wise, and the have a couple of advantages you can see better and therefore drive the finish line better, they usually leave last which gives your opponent the opportunity to redlight first and since they are light they are easier on parts. Plus most big block dragsters can race super comp at the NHRA divisional and National events Plus in the northern Illinois area there is a local series " Midwest Super Comp Series" Obviously the cost and safety /license requirements make going faster than 9.99 more expensive. And it's a bit more hassel to run a dragster by your self.

My machiniest has had some problems with world small block blocks and he claims that it's worth the money to spend a little more on a dart block.

If you have any questions you can e-mail me at Greatbaer@sbc global.net or look me up in the phone book, I live in Braidwood, IL

Last edited by Bill Baer; 10-18-2009 at 07:43 PM.
Bill Baer is offline   Reply With Quote