Thread: Frozen block
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2009, 12:05 PM   #20
BIZMANRACING

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Frozen block

i called scharioff about the "concept" of welding. cost of pressure testing through them was 200. then if a crack was there. then it depended on if the crack could be reached. the worst case of a block that "could" be welded was an addition 500. then there is shipping to and from. probally a 100 on each side. so assuming that it can be done the bottom line is something just short or above 1000.

called my engine builder and asked for a bottom line worst case. block 2000, machining small block and clearaning for a 427. 600. gaskets, bearings, rings another 600. then 1000 for him. total 4200.

i'm as sick as i can be. in these times this could kill someone. thus my statement. whats life going to be like after drag racing.

during better times i would say "its only money, just go make more of it" but, it hurts to much to think that way. so since tomorrow will come, i'll just do my best to get through today.

after i do a shady tree mechanic pressure test on the block. (block intack with new freeze plugs in, water pump still mounted, cponnect the rad and the hoses, then pressure from the rad cap to 13 ppounds any hope she might be ok.

Carlos Mendes
BIZMANRACING is offline   Reply With Quote