CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   "Live From" zMax Dragway Charlotte (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=84739)

HR9121 04-26-2023 09:09 AM

"Live From" zMax Dragway Charlotte

Good morning folks I figured I would help Ken out by getting this fiasco started by reminding everyone that is still entered to bring enough clothes for Monday!
Most everyone by now is aware of the forecasted weather for the weekend and if you're still entered you're just as crazy as I am. Fact is I haven't been out this year yet so I decided I was going if I had to race on Tuesday which probably has not been ruled out yet.
The Thursday forecast for parking looks dismal and the forecast for Friday shows clearing out just in time to get the pros on the track but Saturday looks pretty good but Sunday appears to be a washout as well. The only positive I can see in the situation is that it is the 4wides so the pros will move along fairly quickly.
I'll be heading up in the morning so if there's anyone that's already there feel free to jump on with some updates.

Jeff Niceswanger 04-26-2023 09:46 AM

Re: "Live From" zMax Dragway Charlotte

Wonder what it cost a day to dry 4 lanes. Do they run 4 dryers? Never paid any attention. I bet drying that place repeatedly gets pricy!

butch8908 04-26-2023 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Niceswanger (Post 679569)
Wonder what to cost a day to dry 4 lanes. Do they run 4 dryers? Never paid any attention. I bet drying that place repeatedly gets pricy!

They need to borrow the NASCAR suction trucks and the jet dryers.

HR9121 04-26-2023 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Niceswanger (Post 679569)
Wonder what it cost a day to dry 4 lanes. Do they run 4 dryers? Never paid any attention. I bet drying that place repeatedly gets pricy!

I've seen them use 2 dryers before but never 4 that might get a little annoying if you were pitted close to the track!

B Parker 04-26-2023 11:30 AM

First time out for me also. Have not been to the 4 wides before what gate do we go into. And does anyone know what time they are parking until? Thanks BP

jmcarter 04-26-2023 12:18 PM

I’m curious why Factory X exhibition runs aren’t on the detailed schedule? The X cars (sadly minus Blackbird X) were originally scheduled to debut there.

HR9121 04-26-2023 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B Parker (Post 679583)
First time out for me also. Have not been to the 4 wides before what gate do we go into. And does anyone know what time they are parking until? Thanks BP

Barry it's a little confusing the way they bring in sportsman but they will have signs telling you which gate to go in.
Basically you're going to drive past the main entrance and go to the stoplight in front of the round track. At the stop light you're going to turn right on Rt 29 go to the next stop light turn left on Morehead Rd and go to Gate P I think it is don't hold me to that. After turning into the gate you'll following this winding road which goes under 29 and to the back entrance to the strip. That's where they'll give you credentials and either send you to the front entrance or you'll go into that gate depending on where they are parking us.

B Parker 04-26-2023 01:25 PM

Thanks James BP

BRETV 04-26-2023 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmcarter (Post 679585)
I’m curious why Factory X exhibition runs aren’t on the detailed schedule? The X cars (sadly minus Blackbird X) were originally scheduled to debut there.

Probably not enough cars done yet. I wish they were running them!

Bret Velde
2003 ??/SA

Ken Miele 04-26-2023 05:33 PM

Thanks James for getting the Live From going... I had to spice up the title a bit.

What's up guys, it doesn't look good as far as the weather, we may get a window late Friday and Saturday, but who knows how it will go... I'm thinking we will be here on Monday. Maybe they will let racers withdraw like they did in Gainesville last year. Anyway, I'm here and will cover the race the best I can.

https://youtu.be/KX6TE7XAbIc