CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   div 4 entry increase (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=75253)

Bill Bogues 01-22-2020 10:48 PM

div 4 entry increase

I see where on div 4 website in small letters where their increasing the entry fee for stock and super stock to 200.00.It's bad enough to have been forced out running national events because of grade points,high entry, and insurance fees. Now we're being forced out of divisional races.People that are trying to race and don,t have a ton of money to spend have nothing else to do but quit.Been running stock for 40 years; guess it's time to let go.

Brad Plourd 01-22-2020 11:47 PM

Re: div 4 entry increase

Over $40?

You forgot to mention the Increased payout.

Bill Bogues 01-23-2020 01:10 PM

I don't race for money, just a love of class racing. If I raced for money I would have gotten out a long time ago.If you race for money it doesn.t make any sense to me for what you have to spend verses what little money you can get out of it. Look at Fletcher and Rampy and what their doing, and these guys won a lot.

Randall Klein 01-23-2020 01:24 PM

A couple of thoughts:

1. "over $40?"....well maybe it's the final enhancement for some

2. I'm surprised at the significant increased purse

3. we may be heading for high dollar buy ins like poker or high dollar bracket racing, I could see NHRA doing this to "limit" fields

denbreeden 01-23-2020 02:33 PM

NMCA

Dennis Breeden

Mike Pearson 01-23-2020 04:11 PM

NHRA racing is a pay to play sport especially the points races. D 4 will need at least 30 cars at 200/car to just pay the purse. its nice to see a purse increase but you have to win to collect.
if the track promoters could figure out how to get some spectators to the events that would help. Seems most track operators are either lazy. too cheap to advertise or just don't know how to promote their product and attract some fan base. There is still car enthusiasts out there.

Lenny5160 01-23-2020 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brad Plourd (Post 606681)
Over $40?

You forgot to mention the Increased payout.

Is the total payout increased, or just the top portion(s)? There is no mention of round money outside the final 8.

G Schenck 01-23-2020 07:31 PM

It only takes 23 cars to pay the purse, of course you have crew. So I would guess maybe 18 cars. But then you have Mr. Lucas putting money in the pot. All in all the track and the div. needs to make a profit. I'm all for it as long as the track is well prepped. The track in Noble is a joke.

You need more than 64 cars for them to pay another round which they should but no mention of it.

Greg

Rick Bailey 01-28-2020 04:05 PM

And do believe there is no longer 3rd $ in Div 4 !

Keep this in mind ! Sounds top heavy !

Rick

Lenny5160 01-28-2020 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick Bailey (Post 607013)
And do believe there is no longer 3rd $ in Div 4 !

Keep this in mind ! Sounds top heavy !

Rick

I've been saying this on a couple threads, but nobody else seems to care. They funded the increase for the top finishers by taking away the 3rd round money, and also jacked up entry fees 25% just because they can.

Most racers are still looking at the top number and saying, "thank you, NHRA!"