CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   The lounge (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Stores empty (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=75740)

Chuck Garey 03-17-2020 02:17 PM

Stores empty

Is the panic nation wide or just here in Texas.

Jerry Terry 03-17-2020 02:23 PM

Re: Stores empty

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuck Garey (Post 610228)
Is the panic nation wide or just here in Texas.

Same thing here in Cincinnati Chuck

Jerry
Retired 3490 3492 Stk SS SST

spike1 03-17-2020 02:24 PM

Ohio too! Don't know why everyone is needing so much toilet paper. LOL

Bobby DiDomenico 03-17-2020 02:40 PM

Ran into the local Jewel/Osco yesterday to get a few items.

All the Paper and Sanitizing aisles were of course empty and each empty place had a sign hanging that read "1 Per Customer Please" on it. An employee rolled out a skid with cases of Toliet Paper and Paper Towels as I was passing by which were emptied without him even stocking the shelves. When I got to the checkout a man 4 customers in front of me is checking out with a 6 pack of T/P from one brand and an 8 pack of T/P from another brand. The cashier says "1 per customer sir" and he replies "They are not the same brand!" To which she says "Pick ONE!!" She proceeded to take the other and put it behind her register.

Another fine example of someone hoarding attempting to cheat his fellow Americans. She should have done like on Seinfeld, taken all his groceries away since it was clear he thought he was pulling a fast one! :-D

Tim H 03-17-2020 04:46 PM

Stores are virtually empty around here as well, Ontario Canada.

5848 03-17-2020 09:31 PM

Same here in the middle of Nebraska

tpoh815 03-18-2020 05:47 AM

Buffalo N.Y Same! Bread, rolls etc is now scarce. Take out only at restaurants. All forms of mass gatherings kaput!

Eddies66 03-18-2020 09:08 AM

Same here in northern Nevada. Cleaning products, paper towels and TP. Didn't find any problem ordering the same.

Jeff Stout 03-18-2020 10:00 AM

Everything the same in Az. I hate Walmart but caved in as they had milk and some meat
We are in a Hotel as our new house was flooded and insurance put us in a room. The hotel had free breakfast and supper so we didn't really care about shopping. Now hotel halted service and we had get stuff to eat and was surprised on how empty the shelves were. But found enough to get by for a week.

Jim Hanig 03-18-2020 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Stout (Post 610268)
Everything the same in Az. I hate Walmart but caved in as they had milk and some meat
We are in a Hotel as our new house was flooded and insurance put us in a room. The hotel had free breakfast and supper so we didn't really care about shopping. Now hotel halted service and we had get stuff to eat and was surprised on how empty the shelves were. But found enough to get by for a week.

Jeff are you in AZ where at. i didn't think in rained in AZ.