CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   "Live From" Maple Grove Raceway LODRS (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=73133)

Ken Miele 05-22-2019 09:34 PM

"Live From" Maple Grove Raceway LODRS

9 Attachment(s)
Hello all, we arrived this afternoon, and I swear I thought I was at a national event. There were a 100 plus rigs in the stacking area, and its only Wednesday. Looks like we will have a good turnout this week. The weather looks good Friday through Sunday with a slight chance of rain on Saturday.

Tomorrow we have a test session, but there is a good chance of rain, I hope there are wrong as this is the first race of the year for many D1 racers.

I only found a few cars out, but I did find many in the trailers with the back door open, not very exciting, but still cool.

Ken Miele 05-22-2019 09:36 PM

Re: "Live From" Maple Grove Raceway LODRS

4 Attachment(s)
A few more, check out the plate on the convertible Camaro, I future race car maybe?

modelman1960 05-23-2019 05:42 AM

Yo Ken. Seeing cars in trailers is just shy of seeing them outside. It lets us know who is there. So thanks for those pics. BTW: what you said about winning the round in Richmond against Ally shows you're a Top notch
guy and a "Class Act". Those types of comments brings respect to you.
Everyone have a safe and successful race.
Walt

BKSG1198 05-23-2019 08:13 AM

Hahaha that COPO is Mrs. Benders....nickname is KIT. I don’t think she’ll allow
bob to cut that up and make it a racecar ANYTIME soon!

Jack Matyas 05-23-2019 08:23 AM

Good morning members and guests - For once I have good news here from Maple Grove -the storms that were to hit this morning never did and the Sun is out.So if your on the fence as they say just saddle up and get moving .Racers here are unloading already and heading to tech even though the test n tune isn't starting till 11 .

Classracer will let you know if any of this changes.

Jack Matyas 05-23-2019 09:25 AM

Pssst - I'll be right with you - after I get my foot out of my mouth .Once again I tried to be the weatherman and it bit me .There is a slight drizzle happening at this moment with the Sun peaking out at places .I gotta give up trying …...stay tuned .

Jack Matyas 05-23-2019 10:18 AM

OK, OK -So it rained for a lousy ten minutes- give me back my Boy Scout weathermans badge . Sun is back out again ( but there is some cloud cover ) and the 11 o'clock start could still happen .Tech is open with no big lines so far .

Superfan1 05-23-2019 10:53 AM

I will see you guys bright and early tomorrow morning; can hardly wait!

Pistol Pete 05-23-2019 11:59 AM

Ken & Jack
Thank you for all the reports n pictures.
It is Greatly Appreciated.
Good luck to all racers, be safe and give thanks to all
our military on this Memorial Day Weekend.

Thank you Larry G., Bob B. & John B. just to name a few.

Jerry Terry 05-23-2019 12:54 PM

Jack your as good of a weather forecaster as the guys that do it every day so keep up the good work and good luck at the race.