CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Would You Quit? (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=72233)

boxmotorsports 02-14-2019 10:15 AM

Re: Would You Quit?

No I wouldn't quit. I do think stock is getting a little out of hand. I know I'll take some shots about that statement. I drew the line on the seat changes (my line and I'll live with it) . The local association races are the future I think. I spoke to Scooter before IHRA canned us all and mentioned if they were able to involve the local associations with there Divisional or National events car counts would be increased. At the time of our discussion , Scooter had mention the ship had all ready sailed and there was no saving it.
I was instrumental in starting the Can Am Stock Super Stock series and we are running strong for over twenty years. I have also raced with The Great Lakes S/SS races (3 years in and getting bigger) and those series are fun and are usually are two day races. Maybe one day all the associations will get together and have a points structure that there could be a divisional type champion. I would hate to see NHRA dump us. I will run as much NHRA this year as I can and hope to run Indy this year . But the thought of racing a car that has a tin dash and plastic windows isn't my style.

Mark Yacavone 02-14-2019 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nhramnl (Post 582427)
I would focus on local S/SS Association races and Divisionals (if they kept those). I haven't really had fun at a National Event in years, and the Association races (particularly) are as close as I am able to get to feeling like I used to feel when NHRA racing was in its youth. Just a bunch of local guys who are all friends having fun together.

Thanks.
My set up for this piece would be NO NHRA S/SS or Comp. No performance classes..Just brackets (TS,TD and .90 classes)

I know what you mean about the association races.I feel the same way.
This was my inspiration here..To see if more people would support them if the unthinkable happened.

340Cuda 02-14-2019 12:05 PM

Not sure what I would do but I would not quit.

t.tosto 02-14-2019 04:33 PM

Regional S/SS races, Heartland/Midwest races are very well run and payout is second to none. Great people to race with.

GTX JOHN 02-14-2019 04:46 PM

I would probably Primer my class cars and
go back to Street Racing again......I certainly
made a lot more money doing that in the Old
Days!

Just Kidding (Maybe)

Johnny Gray 02-14-2019 04:48 PM

X275 for me!

MR DERBY CITY 02-14-2019 05:17 PM

One thing you guys don’t understand....Without the good folks at NHRA, there are no updated horsepower figures, .....No tear downs at the local association races ....No Problem....I know , I know ..we have minimal tear downs now but...without the blessing of NHRA...you ain’t seen nothing yet.....

Billy Nees 02-14-2019 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MR DERBY CITY (Post 582486)
One thing you guys don’t understand....Without the good folks at NHRA, there are no updated horsepower figures, .....No tear downs at the local association races ....No Problem....I know , I know ..we have minimal tear downs now but...without the blessing of NHRA...you ain’t seen nothing yet.....

So M.J., are you trying to make me laugh or cry?

MR DERBY CITY 02-14-2019 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billy Nees (Post 582487)
So M.J., are you trying to make me laugh or cry?

I mean without NHRA, There will be NO up to date factors.....so there will probably be no heads up , no scales ....at the association races...kinda like bracket 2 non delay....

Lee Valentine 02-14-2019 06:25 PM

Can you say Top Sportsman.