CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Race Rigs/Equipment: Classifieds (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Bill Jenkins Chev ramp truck from the past (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=77603)

prostockpete1 10-14-2020 07:05 PM

Bill Jenkins Chev ramp truck from the past

Question .. everybody must remember Bill Jenkins famous ramp truck from the 70.s that carried most of his late 60.s camaros / then prostockers ... last known owner of the truck after Bill sold it & went to enclosed hauler was Paul Mayo outa Columbus area to haul his Oldsmoble Stockers.. Paul passed away few years ago & question is does anybody know where abouts of the truck now .. a guy is building one of Bill.s prostockers as a tribute car and thought maybe to possibly buy truck to complete the restoration .. any ideas

Pistol Pete 10-15-2020 04:28 PM

Re: Bill Jenkins Chev ramp truck from the past

If it’s the same truck your talking about a guy named Dale Grahner bought
the enclosed truck. He’s from Buffalo, NY.

prostockpete1 10-15-2020 09:03 PM

Pistol pete .. the truck I.m searching for is Bills trusty open ramp that had been across the country many times with superstockers & early prostockers ... yes later years he did have a Oleynick enclosed hauler

jims5600 10-16-2020 04:32 PM

The one Dale picked up is the Oleynik

T Pogue 10-17-2020 12:15 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I think this one

prostockpete1 10-17-2020 12:28 PM

Yes .T Pogue thats what we are looking for in any of its paint schemes from the pass

Bobby Rashid 10-18-2020 05:18 PM

I owned Bill Jenkins red with white top ramp truck. It had a bed added when I bought it from a seller in Findlay,Ohio in the late 70’s. Unfortunately it was stolen outside my warehouse in Roseville,Mi in approximately 1983. It was a great truck-no rust, factory a/c and a new motor. I am still pissed every time I think about the theft. The hauler was used to tow Don Nicholson’s 1971 Pro Stock Maverick which I owned for nearly 30 years. If anyone knows the whereabouts of the Maverick, please reach me!

prostockpete1 10-18-2020 09:32 PM

hello Bobby ,, I had a facebook posting few days ago and saw a reply that supposedly somebody believes Division 1 SS racer Ed Matsko owner of the Chevy A Go Go 69 camaro has the Jenkins ramp truck . The guy replying was going to get a hold of ED and follow up on the story. thats the latest I know . thank you for your fascinating story on the truck ,,thanks

Jim Bailey 11-05-2020 10:22 AM

Bobby, you have a PM.