CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   .90 Heads Up Class Racing (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Sportsmanship (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=77471)

Tarzan Racing 09-28-2020 07:52 PM

Sportsmanship

Unfortunately I ran into someone last weekend at the Maple Grove division race that had none. We were in the staging lanes and I was going to run the left lane. As we started to get paired, I let the person who was in the right lane get in front of me, BIG mistake. we started to roll up to the burnout box and he decided that he was going to switch and take the left lane. Yes I was totally baffled. So, do I stop and tell the official or let my EGO take over and say, ok I can beat you in any lane. I chose the latter, WRONG MOVE. I know that Lee Zane is going to yell at me but I got so worked up that I went red, I did run the number 6.908, we had to run 1/8 mile. I found him and I vented, he gave me some bull, this was not his first Super Street race. I have been talking to other racers and they tell me that this is not the first time he has been unsportsman like . I will say this, if he is going to Virginia for the division race, NHRA officials should check his car. Yes Joe Moore SST1628 I'm talking about you.

Keith 944 09-28-2020 08:40 PM

Re: Sportsmanship

sorry this happened to you but you have to stop, shut car off and get official to back him out of your lane. This has happened before by mistake to me also. Easy fix, get lane back. and laugh it off

voltdr 09-30-2020 11:05 PM

Was this the first round, for random pairing?
Dan

Tarzan Racing 10-01-2020 04:09 PM

Yes Dan it was.

63corvette 10-01-2020 09:28 PM

You can not change lanes past the ready line.
Does not matter which round it is.
It seems that took place.
Just My 2 Cents
Rick Cates
Canyon, TX

Charlie Yannetti 10-03-2020 04:37 PM

If SST 1628 has "Graham Moore" on the sides, then it's nuff said, and I can easily IMAGINE THAT!!!

Carl Juliano 10-19-2020 04:23 PM

That sucks Frank and good for you for calling him out. Next time stay back and get the attention of the officials, dont let him get away with that crap.

voltdr 10-20-2020 03:31 PM

[QUOTE=63corvette;624895]You can not change lanes past the ready line.
Just My 2 Cents
Rick Cates
Canyon, TX[

If you have flipped for lane choice, then the person with lane choice can change lanes up until the cars go into the water box.
Dan

Jeff Stout 10-20-2020 03:46 PM

[QUOTE=voltdr;626195]
Quote:

Originally Posted by 63corvette (Post 624895)
You can not change lanes past the ready line.
Just My 2 Cents
Rick Cates
Canyon, TX[

If you have flipped for lane choice, then the person with lane choice can change lanes up until the cars go into the water box.
Dan

Dan,
Please clarify. Is it driving up to the water box or once you pass head of staging lane line.
Here it's lane line at head of staging. Pass it and nothing is changeable.

voltdr 10-20-2020 05:02 PM

[QUOTE=Jeff Stout;626196]
Quote:

Originally Posted by voltdr (Post 626195)
Dan,
Please clarify. Is it driving up to the water box or once you pass head of staging lane line.
Here it's lane line at head of staging. Pass it and nothing is changeable.

If you have lane choice, you can decide up until you are directed to go into the water box.
Dan