CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   The lounge (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Smoked Brisket (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=76638)

SStockDart 07-03-2020 11:52 PM

Smoked Brisket

It's 4th of July and most of us are safely staying home. I lived in Texas for 18 years and the best remembrance is how to smoke brisket.

We all have preferences when it comes to BBQ and smoking.......most of that preference is relative to the beer we drink. (Burp).

I am curious what you do with your Smoked Brisket.

I am using citrus (lemon) wood on this one. In Texas I would always use pecan wood. I have and have had mesquite in Texas and now in Arizona. But I found mesquite too harsh. Spritz with apple vinegar to get a good bark (crust). About 10-12 hours (12 pack) to get it done. What do you do?

Irace007 07-04-2020 01:00 AM

Re: Smoked Brisket

Just lit the smoker up (Pecan ) 12-14 hrs @ 225-250 .When the internal temp is 190 pull and wrap it ,drop it in the empty beer cooler for another 2 hrs and finish off the beans .Slice er up and enjoy
Have a safe one &
HAPPY MOTORING !

SStockDart 07-04-2020 01:12 AM

Think I'm going thru the "stall" now......going to leave it uncovered and cook thru it (I still have beer to drink....lol)
This is going to be so good. This is my first "prime"

I started at 2...10 pm now

Eddies66 07-04-2020 08:26 AM

Dad always used mesquite, he was a central Texas boy.

SStockDart 07-04-2020 10:39 PM

I've been eating brisket, beans, raw onions and jalapenos all day.....So good.

I just put "tie downs" on the bed sheets for tonight. Whoot!

Jeff Stout 07-05-2020 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SStockDart (Post 617843)
It's 4th of July and most of us are safely staying home. I lived in Texas for 18 years and the best remembrance is how to smoke brisket.

We all have preferences when it comes to BBQ and smoking.......most of that preference is relative to the beer we drink. (Burp).

I am curious what you do with your Smoked Brisket.

I am using citrus (lemon) wood on this one. In Texas I would always use pecan wood. I have and have had mesquite in Texas and now in Arizona. But I found mesquite too harsh. Spritz with apple vinegar to get a good bark (crust). About 10-12 hours (12 pack) to get it done. What do you do?

I like your timer 12 pack o thirty

SStockDart 09-03-2020 11:30 PM

Another three day holiday and another beef brisket. This one was a big disappointment for me. It was the same "prime" beef brisket but not nearly as good. Obviously, the egos that we have, we always look to improve.

The "rub" was about the same, I used citrus wood to smoke it, but I used apple juice to spritz the brisket. The last one, I used apple VINEGAR, and that made a huge difference.
I didn't read my notes.

We will still eat it with some good sauce. Lol. Brisket and ribs are best when you have grease dripping off both elbows when eating.

Randy Wells 09-03-2020 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SStockDart (Post 622628)
Another three day holiday and another beef brisket. This one was a big disappointment for me. It was the same "prime" beef brisket but not nearly as good. Obviously, the egos that we have, we always look to improve.

The "rub" was about the same, I used citrus wood to smoke it, but I used apple juice to spritz the brisket. The last one, I used apple VINEGAR, and that made a huge difference.
I didn't read my notes.

We will still eat it with some good sauce. Lol. Brisket and ribs are best when you have grease dripping off both elbows when eating.

In my neck of the woods we use Pin Oak, KC Barb B Q.

1matcoman 09-04-2020 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SStockDart (Post 622628)
Brisket and ribs are best when you have grease dripping off both elbows when eating.

^^^ this

Eddies66 09-04-2020 04:15 PM

What are you using for sauce...have an ole family recipe.