CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Top Sportsman and Top Dragster (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Traction Control (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=58208)

voltdr 05-30-2015 04:41 PM

Traction Control

The NHRA disqualified a Rodney Benson from the 2015 NHRA Kansas Nationals at Heartland Park Topeka for violating NHRA Rules, particularly Section 20, page 36 of the 2015 NHRA Rulebook under Ignition. Tech inspectors discovered a traction control devise was installed. In addition to the disqualification the competitor will receive zero points for the event and the event will count towards his quota. The disqualification is not appealable.

It looks like he was running TS.

Anyone have more info about this? What type of device was found?
Dan SC4698

BAA5019 06-02-2015 12:29 AM

Re: Traction Control

Does it matter what type of device? He was cheating. Plain and simple. He put me out first round with a good package I admit. After our loss I went up to him and complimented him and his crew on outstanding package of driving and dialing. Runs a 7.24 in qualifying and dials a 7.68?Then to find out he was cheating does not set well with me and surely with other racers that play by the rules.
He should be fined and suspended.

voltdr 06-02-2015 01:54 AM

I agree he should be suspended. I want to know so maybe I can spot someone else doing the same thing.

Bill Baer 06-02-2015 10:03 PM

Well there are a couple of possibilities, a Davis Technology traction control or more likely a slew rate rev control from MSD. Jok Nicholson wrote an article about it in Drag racing on line a couple of months ago.
Basically it controls the rev limit every .001 all the way down the Track and resultantly the car can run the same (slower) ET regardless of track conditions or changes in atmospheric conditions.
( which is current legal at most bracket races)

Not to defend this guy but I think TS and TD should be allowed to run traction control for. Safety reasons.:eek:

Bill Baer 06-02-2015 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by voltdr (Post 472425)
I agree he should be suspended. I want to know so maybe I can spot someone else doing the same thing.

I don't know how you would find it you may be able to hear It if he makes a single pass.
I have see some dragster guys staring at their crotch until the 1/8 mile but I'm sure they are just embracing a odd fetish! :eek:

voltdr 06-07-2015 11:35 AM

I believe if NHRA would post what the cheater was doing it would make the other cheaters, doing the same thing, (and I'm sure there are more) they may think they could be caught. Maybe they would race legal.
Dan

Keith 944 06-07-2015 06:29 PM

they were checking at e-town. I ran s/g and a group of us got checked second rnd. I am glad they are making an effort. they plugged their device into my grid to see if the arc module was being used.

voltdr 06-08-2015 09:36 AM

Thanks for the update. I think that the more they start checking, the more the cheaters will stop. If they would suspend some of them it would make compliance happen sooner.
Dan

MR DERBY CITY 06-08-2015 12:34 PM

Hey guys, I don't ever post on the 90 side but a reliable informant told me that the competitor had an unacceptable MSD ignition box. M.J.

voltdr 06-08-2015 04:47 PM

That was either an MSD 7531 or the Slew rate controller for the Power Grid.