CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Competition Tech (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   A/MP Record Holder. (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=42777)

sst1988 08-27-2012 04:52 PM

A/MP Record Holder.

It might have been ask before but does anyone know who was the last A/MP Record Holder was before NHRA got rid of that class?

ss wannabee 10-16-2012 07:56 AM

Re: A/MP Record Holder.

Not real sure...going from memory...could it have been that guy with the old Corvette
from the Northwest...Sherrill? I think the name was. Also recall Rick Houser being
listed I think...he's mostly remembered as being a SS/AA guy... think that he dabbled
a bit in Modified...maybe he was driving someone else's car?

Very hard to recall....1980-1981-1982-1983 or so time frame...no old copies of ND
kickin around here....maybe someone has one out there with a definitive answer?

gsa612 10-16-2012 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ss wannabee (Post 352152)
Not real sure...going from memory...could it have been that guy with the old Corvette
from the Northwest...Sherrill? I think the name was. Also recall Rick Houser being
listed I think...he's mostly remembered as being a SS/AA guy... think that he dabbled
a bit in Modified...maybe he was driving someone else's car?

Very hard to recall....1980-1981-1982-1983 or so time frame...no old copies of ND
kickin around here....maybe someone has one out there with a definitive answer?

Sherrill Huff ran a vette was from the Washington area. I think the last year for MP was 83. Rick Barrett had the record around then not sure if he was the last. gsa612

BlueOval Ralph 10-16-2012 02:51 PM

Sherrill Huff was from Kentucky, the guy you are thinking about was Terry Sherrill from Washington area last year for Mod was 81. Barrett was from Div 3 the younger brother of Marty Barrett Div 3 tech director. Rick had a C/Gas Pinto latter built a 351 C powered Mercury Capria the one from Eroupe wrecked a short time later at Edgewater Park Div 3 track in late 70's

Quote:

Originally Posted by gsa612 (Post 352184)
Sherrill Huff ran a vette was from the Washington area. I think the last year for MP was 83. Rick Barrett had the record around then not sure if he was the last. gsa612

gsa612 10-16-2012 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueOval Ralph (Post 352215)
Sherrill Huff was from Kentucky, the guy you are thinking about was Terry Sherrill from Washington area last year for Mod was 81. Barrett was from Div 3 the younger brother of Marty Barrett Div 3 tech director. Rick had a C/Gas Pinto latter built a 351 C powered Mercury Capria the one from Eroupe wrecked a short time later at Edgewater Park Div 3 track in late 70's

I stand corrected Terry Sherrill from Ore. ran a 57 vette in A/MP then later in SS/AM, I believe the car crashed. The last year for mod. was 81 they had a tribute to the class at Indy.Did the capri run in A/MP. gsa612

BlueOval Ralph 10-16-2012 04:45 PM

Either A or B just dont remeber for sure.

sst1988 10-16-2012 05:36 PM

I look ever where and still can not find out who it was, could of been Terry Sherrill ..

ss wannabee 10-16-2012 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sst1988 (Post 352242)
I look ever where and still can not find out who it was, could of been Terry Sherrill ..

That's the guy...Terry Sherrill. NOT sure if he was the last A/MP record holder...but
remember seeing the name on the records page many years ago.

Thought that Barrett usually ran B/G...or C/G.

Sherrill Huff was a tough Modified competitior from Kentucky...and might have owned
and managed the Ohio Valley Raceway near Louisville. Maybe he still does?

Anybody know who the last G/MP record holder was...and what was the E.T. ?

Hemi Moose 10-17-2012 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sst1988 (Post 343040)
It might have been ask before but does anyone know who was the last A/MP Record Holder was before NHRA got rid of that class?

Bob Frey would know the answer to that one...

BlueOval Ralph 10-18-2012 02:39 PM

Barrett did run gas class mostly C/G with Pinto but Built Capri after he sold Pinto.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ss wannabee (Post 352270)
That's the guy...Terry Sherrill. NOT sure if he was the last A/MP record holder...but
remember seeing the name on the records page many years ago.

Thought that Barrett usually ran B/G...or C/G.

Sherrill Huff was a tough Modified competitior from Kentucky...and might have owned
and managed the Ohio Valley Raceway near Louisville. Maybe he still does?

Anybody know who the last G/MP record holder was...and what was the E.T. ?