CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Southern Stock and Super Stock Association (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   2021 schedule (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=77662)

Dragrac419 10-22-2020 08:58 PM

2021 schedule

Ok need some opinions as I would like to see us have some races next year. If I can get a couple of tracks to let us run on Saturday during their bracket program would people support it?

I'm trying to see about Orlando, Bradenton, Gainesville and SGMP. Would people go to Reynolds if they agreed to have a race?

Also if we ran for points would you support that?

If yes on the points fund what would you think of running the top 10 in points against the CCRA group for a year end race?

KennyAnderson 10-24-2020 07:56 PM

Re: 2021 schedule

Hey Brian,

Yesss!! Although Reynolds is probably a no go for us, SGMP is a pretty good tow from So Fla and would probably be our limit. If possible make a trip more attractive to members by putting on doubles.

Thanks for your efforts! and as we spoke about in Rockingham, if I can help you in any way please let me know.

Dragrac419 10-24-2020 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KennyAnderson (Post 626500)
Hey Brian,

Yesss!! Although Reynolds is probably a no go for us, SGMP is a pretty good tow from So Fla and would probably be our limit. If possible make a trip more attractive to members by putting on doubles.

Thanks for your efforts! and as we spoke about in Rockingham, if I can help you in any way please let me know.

I would like to do doubles but not sure how many people would run during the day on Sunday in the summer. I have to call Ozzy back this week as he was out with the race in GA last weekend. Anyone have a contact number for Bradenton as I have left multiple messages and no call backs.

I spoke with Leigh Ann today with the Carolina Class races and she liked the idea of having a year end race with the top ten from each association racing each other. Maybe we could do something in their backyard one year and then next in ours.

Someone mentioned Immokalee what do people think of trying to race there as I will make the calls if people will attend. I have never been there myself so don't know much about the track.

B Parker 10-29-2020 09:23 PM

I met Ozzy in Orlando this past winter. I broke my car on a time run late in the day. He spent until 9 at night helping me get my car back to my pit area. Seemed like a great guy. If you were to do something the week before or after the Divisional. I would be interested in helping to support the race. Keep us posted thanks. Barry

Keith Bennett 11-03-2020 06:37 PM

Yes we would have 2 cars at each race! Need to get this going again!

merrill 2733 11-06-2020 12:48 PM

I am in with one car,,,,, let me know ,, i will help where i can !!!!!! We need to do this ! Merrill:)

Dyno 11-09-2020 03:32 PM

How about a race between the SGMP division race and the Little Gators?

Mike Pearson 11-10-2020 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dyno (Post 627597)
How about a race between the SGMP division race and the Little Gators?

That’s the busiest time for D2. We have 3 divisional and one national event in a 4 week time frame so I don’t think that would be a good time for an association race.

Jim Woods 11-23-2020 06:57 PM

Has anyone contacted showtime dragway?

Jim Wahl 11-23-2020 10:17 PM

Brian, call me ASAP. Jim