CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   .90 Heads Up Class Racing Tech (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Stock and Super Street.... (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=75161)

Dano 01-12-2020 10:05 PM

Stock and Super Street....

Ok....speaking hypothetically You have a car that runs under index (0.5ish) in a stock auto car. Said car would cover super street by a couple #'s, you want to run the super street class without cutting up your BS/A car and still with little effort run the stock class. If you had this situation, what would "you" think the appropriate process would be to accomplish this? Don't worry about being rude with your suggestions. I can sift the wheat from the chaff………….

jmcarter 01-12-2020 10:13 PM

Re: Stock and Super Street....

Assuming you don’t run over 135 MPH it’s just a matter of putting a S/ST number on it. But suggest if you don’t have a reliable method for hitting the 10.90 you could be a first round duck.

Dano 01-12-2020 10:22 PM

Hi Jim, more concerned with the launch aspect. My car heaves the line quite a bit on the launch with a steep rear gear, (5.13) How to control that without hindering the run? I see you run S/SS/SST?

Dano 01-12-2020 10:30 PM

car is cert'd 8.50...personally, licensed to SC

Dano 01-12-2020 11:02 PM

Crickets.....

Keith 944 01-13-2020 08:14 AM

Should be fine. Worst part would be the .470 pro tree. Most quick stockers with the low trans gears would probably be fine. Need a diaper also

Tom Goldman 01-13-2020 10:36 AM

Marty Ganjoin runs a 69 camaro in D1 that is a "stocker " more than many legit Stockers. Calvert rear suspension on 9" tires and his car hits the tree with fairly large front tires, and hundreds of pounds over the 2800 minimum . I'd say around 26"inchers. Uses a small , 427 based big block. [ not Keiths version of a 427 !!]
Marty;s been A Division champion ,Jegs Allstar ,MASSA Super Street champion with it ,so I'd say yes , you can easily do it.
Might take a little work to hit the tree to .00's ,but very doable .
The wheelstand is not a big issue and might just help with the reaction time on the Pro tree.
The biggest issue you might have is your competitors rushing to stage first against you since they know you''re footbraking .

Lenny5160 01-13-2020 04:49 PM

The staging lane directors point me to the Stock lanes all the time. 9" radials, CalTracs, 3600 lbs, 28" frontrunners. I carry .050-.060 in the delay box but that is with a Pro tree transbrake and I won the division title in it in 2015.

I can't speak to all of the particulars of the car, but the #2 finisher in D5 this past season has small tires, is heavy, and uses weight and shift point to hit the number.

I'm not sure what it would be like to hit the tree off the foot, but I agree that there isn't anything else that sounds like a concern.

t.tosto 01-13-2020 07:07 PM

My brother Vince won Div. 5 Open @ KCIR some years ago w/ 1967 Camaro, 355", Jerico, 9" tires. No electronics, just adj. weight, ran 10.90@125. Eventually ran same car in A/S W/396/375, car weight 3400#. We had a blast.

jmcarter 01-13-2020 07:16 PM

Years ago I used weights to hit the number...four straight dead-ons, that was a very good day but there was no wind to deal with. When conditions were trickier I’d have to hold a bunch, changing timers is a whole lot easier.

Should be no problem with the.470 pro tree.