CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock Tech (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Factory efi (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=75828)

House of Darts 03-27-2020 06:52 PM

Factory efi

Might take a crack at racing a Ford 4.6 in stock . Do I keep the factory EFI set up or is there an aftermarket unit? Change out the computer from the factory unit with what? I've seen the set ups with the FS cars and I don't think I can use this stuff.

Dan Fahey 03-27-2020 10:44 PM

Re: Factory efi

Quote:

Originally Posted by House of Darts (Post 610962)
Might take a crack at racing a Ford 4.6 in stock . Do I keep the factory EFI set up or is there an aftermarket unit? Change out the computer from the factory unit with what? I've seen the set ups with the FS cars and I don't think I can use this stuff.

Reading rules regarding my ImpalaSS you run the existing EFI.
Nothing wrong with it..Lot of good ODB2 tunes to make it run.
In fact run as light as a P/SA car...give Mike E in his Caprice a tough run.

If you build it..want a heads up run against my Pure Stocker ;-)
Bet you a whole $1 and dinner..

Dave Noll 03-28-2020 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by House of Darts (Post 610962)

You can use the stock computer with a TwEECer.
www.tweecer.com

GUMP 03-28-2020 05:38 PM

Save yourself a ton of grief, switch to an aftermarket system. It will pay dividends in the long run.

Ed Wright 03-29-2020 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gump (Post 611020)
save yourself a ton of grief, switch to an aftermarket system. It will pay dividends in the long run.

fast xfi!

GUMP 03-29-2020 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ed wright (Post 611053)
fast xfi!

Holley EFI!!

Ed Wright 03-29-2020 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GUMP (Post 611055)
Holley EFI!!

I have tuned several with both FAST XFI & Holley. I would certainly disagree. I can & do make the FAST system do things the Holley can not. Besides the Holley ECU failures I have seen.

GUMP 03-29-2020 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ed Wright (Post 611068)
I have tuned several with both FAST XFI & Holley. I would certainly disagree. I can & do make the FAST system do things the Holley can not. Besides the Holley ECU failures I have seen.

I have five cars running Holley. I have never had one issue.

Rob Wright 03-30-2020 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ed Wright (Post 611068)
I can & do make the FAST system do things the Holley can not.

Can you give specific examples, and describe the impact of those things?

Rsmith38 03-30-2020 08:59 AM

While I only have 1 jeep running the Fast XFI2, I am quite happy with it. Bought used on EBAY - (replacing the obsolete silver FAST - no longer supported). It is still a work in progress - not a lot of Jeep 4.0 support (on anything!) but no tech problems at all over 2 years.
1051 StK