CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock Tech (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   racing next year? (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=77895)

rod 11-22-2020 11:27 PM

racing next year?

what are your thoughts about racing next year?

I race at Vegas. with a demo governor, will he shut down 'The Strip'?
Vegas is closed all Summer anyway.
for me, that leaves Wild Horse and Tucson.

thanks Rod in AZ

Billy Nees 11-23-2020 08:44 AM

Re: racing next year?

Well, I don't know just how accurate this is but I was told by a track employee at Island on Sunday that the state of N.J. is having a hard time determining whether Drag Racing is a "sport" or a "hobby". It seems that if it's a "sport then you can be open (with restrictions) but if it's a "hobby" then you can't.

jmcarter 11-23-2020 09:17 AM

Praying the vaccine promise pans out and folks will be a little prudent and we should be able to start at Orlando in early February. Looking forward to it and consider myself fortunate to be in D2. Hope the border opens and all of our northern racers can come down. Baby Gators should be well attended and great!

John Kissel 11-23-2020 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billy Nees (Post 628570)
Well, I don't know just how accurate this is but I was told by a track employee at Island on Sunday that the state of N.J. is having a hard time determining whether Drag Racing is a "sport" or a "hobby". It seems that if it's a "sport then you can be open (with restrictions) but if it's a "hobby" then you can't.

In this sewer state, just expect the worst and be suprised if we get to race.

Mike Pearson 11-23-2020 09:47 AM

With The Gators being the first national event on the schedule for 2021 the west coast will be closed for racing for the first part of the year. At least California. I would expect the divisional races in Florida and Georgia to go off as scheduled. Maybe no spectators but we don't get many at the divisional anyway. Time will tell. No telling what the new regime has in store for us in 2021. We might be wishing for 2020 again.

Chuck Gallagher 11-23-2020 11:05 AM

If it were up to me I would be watching the infection positivity rate (testing) and I would want it to be under 5% with a steady falling trend. Then we would be opening up in stages like we have been but monitoring for no reversal on the rate fall. I know this is not popular however as an old guy this is how I would make the call.
If you turn on this red light it's game over, maybe forever.
Chuck Gallagher

GTX JOHN 11-23-2020 09:15 PM

LVMS will be running the last two bracket races they did
not get in this year. Both are scheduled in early December
plus a test in tune and a street legal race as well in December.

Next year = Who knows?

Jeff Stout 11-23-2020 11:01 PM

Wild horse is very covid strict due to being on reservation. They had reservation police handing out tickets, not warnings. The young crowd kind if retaliated. The following week Pontiac and Diesel drags were to be penalized an additional $8k to cover fines. Both events cancelled.
Tucson has a 3 day new years weekend event. Its 1/8 mile but still pay out is top heavy but good.

1700camaro 11-24-2020 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTX JOHN (Post 628627)
LVMS will be running the last two bracket races they did
not get in this year. Both are scheduled in early December
plus a test in tune and a street legal race as well in December.

Next year = Who knows?

John,

This was posted by Jeff Foster yesterday:

Effectively immediately all remaining events at The Strip at LVMS for 2020 are canceled due to the new state regulations. Sorry for the inconvenience. The refund process for the thanksgiving race is being started as I post this.

Irace007 11-24-2020 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billy Nees (Post 628570)

Do you pay TAXES on your WINNINGS ?? If so then it's a BUSINESS