CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock Tech (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Pump gas in stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=80758)

Darrel Goheen 10-30-2021 09:05 PM

Pump gas in stock

Is there any way to run pump gas in a Stocker and pass fuel check? I've been running pump gas and it seems to be a little quicker at a 1/3 the price. Thanks.

Jeff Stout 10-30-2021 09:11 PM

Re: Pump gas in stock

I use to have s dielectric meter. Fuel check had the range for s particular race gas. I added pump gas to my race gas until it was at the top of scale. This was10 years ago and not sure what meter they use now. But straight pump gad will not pass.

MR DERBY CITY 10-30-2021 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darrel Goheen (Post 651178)
Is there any way to run pump gas in a Stocker and pass fuel check? I've been running pump gas and it seems to be a little quicker at a 1/3 the price. Thanks.

Yes, you can run pump gas…NO , it will not pass fuel check. When I started racing stock eliminator in the late seventies PUMP gas was legal.

Darrel Goheen 10-30-2021 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MR DERBY CITY (Post 651180)
Yes, you can run pump gas…NO , it will not pass fuel check. When I started racing stock eliminator in the late seventies PUMP gas was legal.

Thanks. Fuel check makes 0 sense to me anyway.

MR DERBY CITY 10-30-2021 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darrel Goheen (Post 651181)
Thanks. Fuel check makes 0 sense to me anyway.

Very interesting comment about your car running better on pump gas. West coast LEGEND Cal Method told me that when he was forced to switch to RACE GAS , his 283’s slowed down also ……

john ancona 10-30-2021 09:52 PM

[QUOTE=Darrel Goheen;651178]Is there any way to run pump gas in a Stocker and pass fuel check? I've been running pump gas and it seems to be a little quicker at a 1/3 the price. Thanks.[/QUO Won't be long before they ban all leaded fuel in this state ,we are going green you know ! Thanks to old Governor what's his name !

B Parker 10-30-2021 09:57 PM

Darrel do you have any idea of how many fuel additives that are out there that will increase HP that won't make it pass fuel check. I'm glad they do fuel check. Wouldn't want to loose a heads up race to someone that has spiked their fuel. BP

tommy d 10-31-2021 07:28 AM

What was that stuff some were running a few years back? I remember at Indy smelling it as cars were called to the lanes and it even smelled caustic.🤢

Billy Nees 10-31-2021 07:34 AM

ERC

ken robinson 10-31-2021 11:25 AM

Wow no fuel check , alittle nitro goes alone way my friend . If your looking to save money on race fuel shop around or buy in bulk with a friend and store it correctly ...Just saying ...