CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   .90 Heads Up Class Racing (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Phoenix Nationals cancelled (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=78329)

NHRA1926 01-16-2021 07:52 PM

Phoenix Nationals cancelled

So, now that that the national event at Phoenix is cancelled, which national event track do you think they will run Super Street in division 7?

Dewdlebug 01-17-2021 10:13 AM

Re: Phoenix Nationals cancelled

I'd think that the most likely event which could absorb the extra class would be Sanoma. Could be spring Vegas but I'd be surprised. And fall Vegas ain't happening for SST especially when there's already packed fields of the other classes. But who knows, it's SST. I ran a nat once where they had SST come in on Thurs. and they gave us two hits and ran the class down to the simi's that same day. If you lost you had to leave the facility. The lucky four simi racers got to stay. They literally told the rest us that " you can go park at Walmart and come back this weekend and watch", lol. Granted it was a nasty, muddy mess so going home wasn't so bad.

jmcarter 01-17-2021 10:50 AM

Way it’s going will likely be Topeka, sorry about making a bad joke but looks like D7 is in trouble for a while.

Charlie Yannetti 01-17-2021 04:30 PM

And the cowardly saga continues... NUFF SAID!!!

NHRA1926 01-17-2021 10:16 PM

I would think that it would have to be held at another division 7 National Event. Topeka would not make sense since it is in division 5, and Denver already has Super Street at their National event. Can't see them running Super Street at another division 5 National event, since they only run Super Street at one national event per division.

NHRA1926 01-17-2021 10:20 PM

If I paid an entry to a national event, and they ran our class up to the semis, and told us to leave, I would NOT be leaving. I paid for a national event entry, and I'm staying for the entire national event that I paid for! Other wise, why would I pay all that money to attend that national event?

Dewdlebug 01-18-2021 11:28 PM

I feel the same way, at least when I'm coming in the gate. However after I've had my a** handed to me I'm just not a good spectator and you can bet that all you're gonna see after that are the tail lights on my trailer. lol.

BKSG1198 01-19-2021 09:04 AM

The "Rumors" floating around is that Tulsa would be the replacement for Phoenix but, I would assume that is a D5 track also, I also don't see any California races happening either because of the laws they have set down for large gatherings and we already heard NHRA say they weren't going to race without spectators.

63corvette 01-19-2021 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BKSG1198 (Post 632353)
The "Rumors" floating around is that Tulsa would be the replacement for Phoenix but, I would assume that is a D5 track also, I also don't see any California races happening either because of the laws they have set down for large gatherings and we already heard NHRA say they weren't going to race without spectators.

Tulsa is a D 4 track.
Nice track just a limited amount of space for a National Event with spectators.
There is a new track being built in Missouri in the Kansas City area I have been told. No idea on the track size.
That would be a D 5 track and in the middle of the country.
Great Bend KS is also doing a rebuild of their track with concrete from water box to turn off. Great Bend is a long way from any big city to draw spectators.
It remains to be seen if many of the races will take place in 2021.
All depends on some politicians.
Rick Cates
Canyon, TX