CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock Tech (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Tube K Member and A Arms? (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=78723)

RPM5595 03-02-2021 03:17 PM

Tube K Member and A Arms?

So, can a SS Modified or Modified Stock original RWD car use a aftermarket tubular front K member? How about tube A arms? I have received conflicting information. Thanks.

SSDiv6 03-02-2021 04:27 PM

Re: Tube K Member and A Arms?

Quote:

Originally Posted by RPM5595 (Post 635669)
So, can a SS Modified or Modified Stock original RWD car use a aftermarket tubular front K member? How about tube A arms? I have received conflicting information. Thanks.

Not allowed in SS Modified or Modified Stock. Went through this scenario with NHRA too many times. Allowed in Comp Super Modified as long it uses the OEM attachment points.

RPM5595 03-02-2021 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSDiv6 (Post 635674)
Not allowed in SS Modified or Modified Stock. Went through this scenario with NHRA too many times. Allowed in Comp Super Modified as long it uses the OEM attachment points.

Neither the K member or the A arms, correct?

SSDiv6 03-02-2021 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RPM5595 (Post 635678)
Neither the K member or the A arms, correct?

Correct.

Adger Smith 03-03-2021 12:17 AM

The Rack vs steering box is also in question.

FireSale 03-03-2021 02:39 PM

Yes, Super Stock rules apply to the front suspension for OEM rear wheel drive cars. Like GT, front wheel drive cars can use replacement suspensions that attach at the OEM points. Stock stuff for rear wheel drive. It makes the class unsafe for older bodies. Allowing RWD cars to use aftermarket front clips in the Modified classes would open it up to older bodies. A good front end for my Mustang is a couple grand.

RPM5595 03-03-2021 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FireSale (Post 635746)
Yes, Super Stock rules apply to the front suspension for OEM rear wheel drive cars. Like GT, front wheel drive cars can use replacement suspensions that attach at the OEM points. Stock stuff for rear wheel drive. It makes the class unsafe for older bodies. Allowing RWD cars to use aftermarket front clips in the Modified classes would open it up to older bodies. A good front end for my Mustang is a couple grand.

I agree. To me if a Modified is allowed to have a "race car" hood scoop along with lots of other non-traditional Super Stock stuff what difference does it make if it has aftermarket K member and A arms? The FWD cars have always had that advantage. RWD cars can cut up and modify the stock unit for oil pan and header clearance but can't just buy something that already has more room? Not sure where the logic is in that?

RPM5595 03-03-2021 04:21 PM

Just received official word from the NHRA. NO tube K member and NO tube A arms for original RWD cars. Hopefully they start cracking down on the "coast" cars and get more rule conformity.

Bill Diehl 03-06-2021 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RPM5595 (Post 635749)
Just received official word from the NHRA. NO tube K member and NO tube A arms for original RWD cars. Hopefully they start cracking down on the "coast" cars and get more rule conformity.

RWD cars.................or use an NHRA approved front suspension....what would that be?

RPM5595 03-06-2021 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Diehl (Post 635976)
RWD cars.................or use an NHRA approved front suspension....what would that be?

They don't have any approved front suspension for RWD cars. So, nothing.