CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Charity Fund Raiser in Memory of Elaine (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=74348)

Pete Beau 10-01-2019 03:19 PM

Charity Fund Raiser in Memory of Elaine

1 Attachment(s)
Elaine was revered in the racing community and her passing was felt by many. The hugs were always awesome especially the ‘Happy Springtime’ hug at the first divisional race at Indy. Greeted everyone with a smile and always something nice to say. Holding the clip board with all the run info and she probably had info going back decades. You could usually sweet talk her to find out what someone ran the second qualifying shot. Just a few quick memories of her. Elaine and Mark were fixtures at the races and she will be missed by many.

This year I will be running the Detroit International Marathon (doing just the half), October 20th, as a charity run in memory of Elaine. The charity is for pancreatic cancer research. This is my first time doing the run for a charity and thought what a perfect lady to do it for.

If you would like to donate in memory of Elaine the link is below. Thank you very much.

https://www.crowdrise.com/o/en/campa...eterbeauregard

Dan Walcott 10-02-2019 09:08 AM

Re: Charity Fund Raiser in Memory of Elaine

Lets keep this Fund Raiser near the top, it has a small "goal" that needs to be reached ten fold , if you knew Elaine , you know what she would be doing for YOU. Help support this Charity.

Jim Bailey 10-02-2019 12:40 PM

Dear Friend, dearly missed ….

MPR 10-03-2019 09:46 AM

Elaine was truly a wonderful lady and is missed by everyone who knew her. Thanks Pete for putting this fund raiser together and running the marathon.

Dan Walcott 10-08-2019 12:27 PM

The "GOAL" is increasing , lets keep it going!!

Thank You to everyone that have donated to this special cause.

B Parker 10-08-2019 12:49 PM

Just tried to donate and it said they couldn't confirm my card right now. I will try again later. Hope it's fixed Went threw now Barry

Mark Nowicki 10-13-2019 01:58 PM

PETE

I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for Honoring my wife, as you know she was the wind beneath my wings. She loved everyone. Pancreatic cancer and all cancers are terrible diseases I PRAY THAT A CURE IS FOUND TO STOP THE SUFFERING THAT TOUCHES US ALL. I want to thank everyone that has contributed to this cause GOD BLESS YOU FOR RETURNING THE LOVE ❤️ THAT ELAINE SO PROUDLY DISPLACED TO ALL. SHE IS SMILING DOWN UPON US. 😍🙏🙏🙏🙏

Pete Beau 10-17-2019 01:14 PM

The run this Sunday so a couple of days remain for anyone who would like to donate in memory of Elaine.

Thank you to all that have donated to date.

Dan Walcott 10-18-2019 04:20 PM

Thank You Pete , for doing this Charity Fund Raiser , in Elaine Nowicki's memory.

Special Marathon for a Special Lady!

Pete Beau 10-21-2019 07:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thank you everyone here that contributed to Elaine's fundraiser. The racing community along with work and personal friends donated $5500+. This is more than 2x the next fundraiser in the Detroit Free Press group. Very nice tribute in the memory of Elaine. Also, donations can still be made to the charity.

The weather was near perfect and Elaine guided me through the run.I added one of the stickers that were made for Elaine to my bib number: