CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   .90 Heads Up Class Racing Tech (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   window net certification (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=37355)

Maverick 11-22-2011 01:39 PM

window net certification

Does anyone know of a company that re certifies window nets spec 27.1? Going to have to get a new one made that has the date on the SFI tag, and trying to think ahead in two more years of just getting it re certified, instead of purchasing another net. Looks like I will be purchasing a window net every two years, since the rule has been updated. Would like to see in the future of what other items will need to have the date, and the sfi tag. :cool:

Tom Goldman 11-22-2011 06:29 PM

Re: window net certification

I did not see any change regarding ribbin window nets other than the SFI 27.1 requirement .
The cert on ribbin type nets previously did not expire, ONLY the mesh type net needed to be recerted every 2 years.
I did not see any change to this in the new rules.

Mark Markow 11-22-2011 07:28 PM

page 60 of the amendments shows 27-1 nets now expire every 2 years. they crossed out the mesh section , so i guess that means all nets .

sstSteveM 11-22-2011 08:26 PM

from no exp to a 2 year exp? come on....

-steve

Tom Goldman 11-23-2011 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Markow (Post 294955)
page 60 of the amendments shows 27-1 nets now expire every 2 years. they crossed out the mesh section , so i guess that means all nets .

Thanks Mark, I missed the cross out.
Guess I was getting a little bleary eyed after reading all those pages.
I miss the little rule books.
Still a paper & print guy.

Bob Verwold 11-23-2011 12:36 AM

If we now have the ribbon net with no exp date on it, do we need to get a new one with the exp date on it ?

Like Tom said, I miss the little rule books !!!!

SST3428 11-23-2011 04:25 PM

I would say yes.
Is Stroud still in business?

Mark Markow 11-23-2011 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SST3428 (Post 295122)
I would say yes.
Is Stroud still in business?

yes stroud is now being run by bob again , the original owner. i have gotten a few net recently, and it seems things are back in order. it was prettry bad for a while.

kenny v 11-24-2011 12:28 PM

Ok I have to ask, what the hell can happen to a window net?

chester 11-24-2011 06:25 PM

tom, can you find out if we will need a net for next season, i know mine is 5 years old now, if we need them for next year i will have to get moving as mine is custom for my car, also i,ll see if earl will front me some money, have a good winter , see you in the spring. chuck rothermel