CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Factory Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Bill Skillman and Tripp Carter at NMCA World Street Finals (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=80442)

Superfan1 09-26-2021 12:28 PM

Bill Skillman and Tripp Carter at NMCA World Street Finals

During qualifying at the NMCA race in Indianapolis, Bill Skillman ran top speed at 184.27 MPH and Tripp Carter ran low ET at 7.682. Both are in Cobra Jet Mustangs. WOW!

Tim H 09-26-2021 01:25 PM

Re: Bill Skillman and Tripp Carter at NMCA World Street Fina

Are the rules for those cars the same as NHRA in regards to weight, pulley ratios, fuel etc ?

Superfan1 09-27-2021 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim H (Post 648715)
Are the rules for those cars the same as NHRA in regards to weight, pulley ratios, fuel etc ?

No the rules are not the same Tim. To the best of my knowledge, the NMCA hasn't penalized the Mustangs by changing pulley sizes; I believe weight is pretty much the same as the NHRA, and fuel is the same.
Skillman ran 180+ twice at Indy; but you will never see 184+ at an NHRA race unless the rules are changed. Skillman was the only Mustang at Indy, and since then; the Mustangs have been absent at NHRA races. It appears they are boycotting the NHRA again.

onefarmer 09-28-2021 10:28 AM

I belive the rules for the CJ are the same in both sanctions. There was a blower housing question that came up at Indy US Nats that was to be a ford paperwork error. The CJs are super fast at both places..

Superfan1 09-28-2021 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onefarmer (Post 648828)
I belive the rules for the CJ are the same in both sanctions. There was a blower housing question that came up at Indy US Nats that was to be a ford paperwork error. The CJs are super fast at both places..

The NHRA has changed the size of the upper pulley on the supercharger of the Cobra Jets numerous times in an effort to slow them down supposedly to maintain parity in the Showdown. That is why the Cobra Jets are significantly quicker and faster at an NMCA race.

onefarmer 09-29-2021 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superfan1 (Post 648842)
The NHRA has changed the size of the upper pulley on the supercharger of the Cobra Jets numerous times in an effort to slow them down supposedly to maintain parity in the Showdown. That is why the Cobra Jets are significantly quicker and faster at an NMCA race.

Its been two years since Mustangs were hit with a pully change. The only difference right now on all three brands is that Chevy is allowed to change from 6% under drive pully in NHRA to 6% over drive in NMCA. Dodge and Ford run same combo in both sanctions.

Superfan1 09-29-2021 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onefarmer (Post 648921)
Its been two years since Mustangs were hit with a pully change. The only difference right now on all three brands is that Chevy is allowed to change from 6% under drive pully in NHRA to 6% over drive in NMCA. Dodge and Ford run same combo in both sanctions.

If what you say is true; why are the Mustangs at least 2 tenths quicker and 4 to 5 miles an hour faster at an NMCA race compared to an NHRA race? Weight is basically the same and tire size is the same, so what is the answer?
It may have been 2 years since the Mustangs were hit with a pulley change; but prior to then, they were getting hit continually which directly led to a boycott of NHRA races. Bill Skillman was the only Mustang at Indy, there were none at St. Louis, and there are presently none entered for Las Vegas. It appears they are boycotting again.

onefarmer 09-30-2021 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superfan1 (Post 648963)
If what you say is true; why are the Mustangs at least 2 tenths quicker and 4 to 5 miles an hour faster at an NMCA race compared to an NHRA race? Weight is basically the same and tire size is the same, so what is the answer?
It may have been 2 years since the Mustangs were hit with a pulley change; but prior to then, they were getting hit continually which directly led to a boycott of NHRA races. Bill Skillman was the only Mustang at Indy, there were none at St. Louis, and there are presently none entered for Las Vegas. It appears they are boycotting again.

In this class if you have a .1 or .2 on the field you would only use what you need. I wish I could do that. Hopefully some fords show up at Vegas. I can not belive people think that the NHRA is just now doing their medeling with the classes. When your building a car at this level you should expect the typical NHRA headaches. But on the other side of the coin I have been treated pretty good by them and the NMCA people. We have to race at a race track so it is what it is.. LOL