CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock Tech (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   3rd gen Camaro headers ? Stahl/ACP? Other? (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=74686)

Dragsinger 11-07-2019 08:18 PM

3rd gen Camaro headers ? Stahl/ACP? Other?

Anyone have the ACP headers for SBC? 1 7/8 x 2 x 3 1/2.

Or other header suggestions?

Billy Nees 11-08-2019 08:30 AM

Re: 3rd gen Camaro headers ? Stahl/ACP? Other?

They're the same as Stahl. They're made on the same jig.

Ed Wright 11-09-2019 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragsinger (Post 601260)
Anyone have the ACP headers for SBC? 1 7/8 x 2 x 3 1/2.

Or other header suggestions?

Those would be my choice. I wish I had my Stahl headers back. Had two other sets, his were over a MPH and a few hundredths faster than anything else I tested. Made a template of my raised “D” exhaust ports, so he could cut me a custom set of flanges.
After we lost Jere, what I thought was a friend wanted me to send them to him, so they could build a jig for “4th gen” Camaro/Firebird cars. Never got them back, learned he cut them up to build his jig. Did offer to sell me a set of his to replace them.

The Stahl headers did everything correctly. Goof plug access, cleared everything, tucked up close enough to the floor, then never hit the ground. No flat spots on the bottom of primary tubes. Wish I had them back.

larrylomascolo 11-12-2019 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ed Wright (Post 601387)
Those would be my choice. I wish I had my Stahl headers back. Had two other sets, his were over a MPH and a few hundredths faster than anything else I tested. Made a template of my raised “D” exhaust ports, so he could cut me a custom set of flanges.
After we lost Jere, what I thought was a friend wanted me to send them to him, so they could build a jig for “4th gen” Camaro/Firebird cars. Never got them back, learned he cut them up to build his jig. Did offer to sell me a set of his to replace them.

The Stahl headers did everything correctly. Goof plug access, cleared everything, tucked up close enough to the floor, then never hit the ground. No flat spots on the bottom of primary tubes. Wish I had them back.

I remember i called Stahl way back late 80,s ,they wanted a template of ports and engine info,cost was $500 taxes in,i cheaped out and got Hooker adjustables.,wish i had got them

jmcarter 11-12-2019 06:27 PM

You might try REF in Kingman AZ. Have a set of his on my 318 Mopar and thy are works of art...comparable to Mark Lelchook. I’d call both and get their inputs on your combination.

cmracing 11-12-2019 11:43 PM

No love for Lemons.......... I use his stuff on my 3rd Gen with Stahl Pattern exhaust ports.

Fred D Bartoli 11-13-2019 01:52 AM

Give Pete Z a call. The name of his company is Apple tree, he is out east if you can' t find his number message me, I have it at work. Will build you whatever you want.

rod butcher 11-13-2019 04:58 PM

Performance Welding if you want the best

gsa612 11-13-2019 07:16 PM

If cost is no object (over 3k) Elston .As long as he has the fitment patterns,if not you have to bring him the car.Claims to be a tenth better than any others on a SBC... gsa612