CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Race Rigs/Equipment: Classifieds (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   WTB Pit Bike (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=78141)

Dano 12-23-2020 09:06 AM

WTB Pit Bike

Eventually racing will start here in the Southwest......Looking for a Pit Bike/Scooter.....

Closer to southern Utah the better!!

Dano

505-720-2377

Rory McNeil 12-23-2020 10:34 AM

Re: WTB Pit Bike

If you live near a major city, see if there is a scooter rental facility in the area. I bought a 2 year old 49cc Honda scooter with some minor front front end damage for $900.00, with less than 2000 miles on it. Spent 300 bucks on a new fairing and some trim pieces, looks like new and runs great. Maybe a local rental place has something similar, or sells their old scooters every few years. Worth a look if you can`t find something elsewhere.

r429469 12-24-2020 04:27 PM

I and my wife ride our bicycles, also my bike has a trailer.

Dano 12-25-2020 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rory McNeil (Post 630313)
If you live near a major city, see if there is a scooter rental facility in the area. I bought a 2 year old 49cc Honda scooter with some minor front front end damage for $900.00, with less than 2000 miles on it. Spent 300 bucks on a new fairing and some trim pieces, looks like new and runs great. Maybe a local rental place has something similar, or sells their old scooters every few years. Worth a look if you can`t find something elsewhere.

That's a great idea! Started looking around

Thanks

1matcoman 12-26-2020 12:35 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Although this one is NOT for sale, I couldn't resist showing it off :-)

This past summer, I totally disassembled my 1987 Honda Spree for a cosmetic re-do. New paint and decals, new tubes and tires, bead-blasted and powder-coated the wheels and trim, new seat, new light lenses, etc. I crank it up and ride it at least once a week and have for years. It just rolled over 2000 miles yesterday when I got it out to ride around the neighborhood. My only regret was failing to take any "before" pics.
Spent far more than it's worth, but hey?

"All dressed up, and no place to go......"

Dano 12-26-2020 01:44 PM

That looks fun!

Nice little scoot!!

james schaechter 12-29-2020 09:10 AM

The yamaha Zuma model has been around a long time as a two stroke and a four stroke. They have wide tires that run well in grass or soft ground as well as hard top. The 2002 and newer have a large lockable storage bin under the seat,

The Zumas are real durable and large enough for an adult or maybe even two to ride the pits.

I have had several older two strokes and put a very basic big bore kit on them. They run 45-60 mph depending on how much you hop them up.

Honda and yamaha are great in terms of OEM and aftermarket parts. Stay away from off brands. Hard to get parts and they can be a nightmare.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dano (Post 630308)
Eventually racing will start here in the Southwest......Looking for a Pit Bike/Scooter.....

Closer to southern Utah the better!!

Dano

505-720-2377