CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Class Racer Builds (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Dumbo The Flying Elephant (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=72394)

Larry Hill 03-04-2019 09:05 PM

Dumbo The Flying Elephant

I have a few pictures of our new car, a 2015 Drag Pack 392 N/A. I'm working on it daily. I retired the pink car the end of last year. We plan on racing the new car soon, we hope. More later.

jmcarter 03-05-2019 11:17 AM

Re: Dumbo The Flying Elephant

While Dumbo doesn't quite have the ring of "AARP" Cuda at least the little fella is an elephant and most of the caricatures of Dumbo have pink ears at least so we'll have to settle for that much pink. Good luck with it; will miss seeing you at the Gators.

4spdJohnny 03-06-2019 01:49 AM

Will miss seeing the Cuda'... But Hope your having fun putting together the new one!

Myron Piatek 03-06-2019 11:19 AM

Larry, You could still paint the Challenger pink for "others to see". Or white. Thought you may find these definitions interesting and food for thought:

"The elephant in the room" is a problem that everyone knows is there but no one wants to acknowledge. A "white elephant" is a troublesome or costly possession that's hard to get rid of. A "pink elephant" is something that people are said to see quite often when they're drunk. It's a drunken hallucination.

Looking forward to seeing it whatever way it's painted.

Larry Hill 03-06-2019 11:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
It will be fitted with Classic Instruments gauges. The one gauge I'm excited about is the Stock Eliminator Water Temperature Gauge, range 40*F to 220*F. John said Lance, Ben, and Jason Line helped in the development of the gauge at CI

Car is Viper Red, Stone White, and Staten Black

Thanks Ken

Jeff Swanson 03-06-2019 05:26 PM

We need pics!

Larry Hill 03-11-2019 04:37 PM

I pulled the dash out of it to clean and install new Classic Instruments gauges. Besides having water temp from 40* to 220* all the gages send information to the F.A.S.T. system, or as I understand it, it will work with the Holley system to record the data from all the gages.

340 Six Pack 03-12-2019 04:56 PM

Is the color scheme matching the house intentional or coincidental? :)
I have to say I'll miss the 'Cuda, being a '70 'Cuda owner myself.....

Gary Bouman 03-12-2019 05:39 PM

I noticed that also and don't forget to notice the tall trees and tall Larry.

Larry Hill 03-21-2019 07:35 AM

Post #7

Boxes and boxes of new parts. One box is 77'' long, a little longer and Patsy could use it as my casket and it would save her a ton of money. The boxes will be re-purposed this week. One of our sales people has a toddler so this weekend the boxes will become a Fort, a Castle, and or a tunnel. Oh what fun.

Next set of pictures has grill mounted in fascia, SRT. We are trying real hard to get car to paint next week. We have to get hood mounted so it will match the rest of the car.

Sometimes you get more than you pay for. Wires for the smart windows, look at all the extra splices I got for one easy payment. I owe a big thank you to John Donato. John helped make a game plan to make all this spaghetti more palatable and work as intended.

Back to work