CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   .90 Heads Up Class Racing Tech (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Onan Generator part needed (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=75919)

SST159 04-06-2020 08:35 AM

Onan Generator part needed

Need to replace the access door to the oil/fuel filter.
Onan Quiet Diesel 7500, Model 7.5HDKAJ1145J, spec J.
Anyone know where I can locate this part.
I have searched the manuals online but no success on this part number.
Thanks in advance.

Rich Biebel 04-06-2020 09:35 AM

Re: Onan Generator part needed

The trap door that swings down ?

I can look it up for you...

Complete door part number is 405-5818-S Zero

$75 list price....from Cummins.....

SST159 04-06-2020 09:46 AM

Yes.
the plastic slide latch broke which holds it in the closed position.
I don't need the hinges just the door if available that way.
thanks.

Rich Biebel 04-06-2020 10:06 AM

Plastic slide latch.... Part #406-0612 2 per door...

If you have a Cummins-Onan dealer in your area they should be able to get them for you....

Or maybe you can find them for sale somewhere on the internet....

SST159 04-06-2020 01:25 PM

Thanks Rich.
Really appreciate it!

Dewdlebug 04-19-2020 11:39 AM

The plastic latches are available separately. Rich did the hard part and provided the part #. Installation is simple.

Rich Biebel 04-20-2020 12:23 PM

I can look up any ONAN generator part and only need the machines Model info found on it's label...

I can tell you the part numbers and the cost. All Onan parts direct from them.

I can also drop ship parts directly to you and we accept CC's over the phone...

This is not a primary service here where I work but we are an Onan dealer and I have done it for many racers in my area as well as other parts of the country.

Primarily I repair and service them and in normal times I'd be very busy this time of year. RV and commercial users of Onan generators would be making appointments for service and repairs...

The Virus Pandemic has certainly changed that !!

Lenny5160 04-20-2020 01:02 PM

Hey Rich, I have a QuietDiesel 7500 in my toterhome that could use a new exhaust. What could I generally expect to pay a shop to do that?

Rich Biebel 04-21-2020 01:56 PM

I could not really estimate what that would cost without taking a look but it has to be removed and covers removed to do any kind of work....

The removal and replacement of one in a diesel pusher is a difficult process....I've done many over the years. On a Toter it's usually not so bad.....compartment mounted somewhere on the side...usually

It would not be hard to get to $2 grand or more...I generally do a complete service and change some parts known to fail while I'm in there.

The flex pipe coming off the engine breaks on those.

The flex pipe alone is well over $200...

External pipes are usually custom made or made from Onan pipes readily available.....

SST159 04-22-2020 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Biebel (Post 612792)
I can look up any ONAN generator part and only need the machines Model info found on it's label...

I can tell you the part numbers and the cost. All Onan parts direct from them.

I can also drop ship parts directly to you and we accept CC's over the phone...

This is not a primary service here where I work but we are an Onan dealer and I have done it for many racers in my area as well as other parts of the country.

Primarily I repair and service them and in normal times I'd be very busy this time of year. RV and commercial users of Onan generators would be making appointments for service and repairs...

The Virus Pandemic has certainly changed that !!

Thanks Rich,
This is good to know for future. Had I known I would have ordered it through you.
Thanks again for your help.