CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Current rules you’d like to see enforced (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=74706)

Jack McCarthy 11-11-2019 12:24 PM

Current rules you’d like to see enforced

You guys awful quiet how about some fun ... knowing NHRA won’t listen anyway ... I’ll start
1. Rear axle housing width must be same as original equipped

Ok it’s your turn ������

Larry Hill 11-11-2019 01:20 PM

Re: Current rules you’d like to see enforced

Excessive braking, if tires smoke or car swerves from straight line your out. And everybody gets to race another day with an undamaged car.

GUMP 11-11-2019 01:21 PM

No chillers outside the competitors pit space.

No pushing cars past the ready line.

RULER 11-11-2019 02:12 PM

Complete Tear down for all 1.2 under runs. Real random tear down.

Bill Grubbs 11-11-2019 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GUMP (Post 601508)
No chillers outside the competitors pit space.

The problem is a competitor may be sponsored with a pit spot at the top of staging, while you are in the back 40 at Denver/Topeka/Dallas/Atlanta/Belle Rose/Tulsa etc...

No Chillers in Staging would be a leveling of the field compromise. IMHO

Charley Downing 11-11-2019 02:56 PM

Gump just out of curiosity why no chillers in the lanes?
They don't make a mess and I have never seen them slow down a race. 99% of racers have them off there cars 6-10 pair before they run. If anything they have helped speed up the deal because starting line crews are spending less time picking up ice and water off the starting line after class or heads up runs now.

As far as pushing cars, if someone has a crew willing to push them to the water box and the other car is not waiting on them then who cares.

now automatic tear downs for -1.20 runs I can get behind that. And to take it a step further any runs of -1.00 or faster should warrant an automatic carb or throttle body check. Just to keep a few LT1/L98 SS racers honest.

I 100% agree with Larry Hill you smoke the tires your out, end of story.

Joey Bohannon 11-11-2019 08:19 PM

LT1 and L98 racers honest .......doesn't your car have a throttle body too?

james schaechter 11-11-2019 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charley Downing (Post 601519)
Gump just out of curiosity why no chillers in the lanes?
They don't make a mess and I have never seen them slow down a race. 99% of racers have them off there cars 6-10 pair before they run. If anything they have helped speed up the deal because starting line crews are spending less time picking up ice and water off the starting line after class or heads up runs now.

As far as pushing cars, if someone has a crew willing to push them to the water box and the other car is not waiting on them then who cares.

now automatic tear downs for -1.20 runs I can get behind that. And to take it a step further any runs of -1.00 or faster should warrant an automatic carb or throttle body check. Just to keep a few LT1/L98 SS racers honest.

I 100% agree with Larry Hill you smoke the tires your out, end of story.

Don’t forget the “Scale Cam” to make sure no spare tires or other removable weight bars fall out of a car after a fast run!

cmracing 11-11-2019 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack McCarthy (Post 601504)
You guys awful quiet how about some fun ... knowing NHRA won’t listen anyway ... I’ll start
1. Rear axle housing width must be same as original equipped

Ok it’s your turn ������

Why? Is there something to be gained by changing the housing width?

scott gray 11-11-2019 09:19 PM

how about they just enforce the rules n not change them to pander to the few and vocal that want everything according to their way of thinking !!