CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   .90 Heads Up Class Racing (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Live from Maple Grove Raceway (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=73134)

Robbie Welch 05-23-2019 06:59 AM

Live from Maple Grove Raceway

We made the trip from our home up to the track yesterday. What should of been a 3 1/2 hours trip took over 6 and yes there where more trailer tire woes. This time its on me. After our southern trip and a flat heading to SC I said I would and should of put 6 tires on the trailer and didn't (my bad). To make matters worst it happened on the DC belt way and I wasn't stopping there so after making it to a rest area on 95 we got it changed. On a good note 2 drivers warned me of trouble (thanks). My faith in mankind has been restored a little. The rest of the long trip was traffic some of the worst traffic I've seen. So if your planning on coming to Maple Grove give your self some more time. On a good note we're parked in our favorite area at the track and all set up it really is beautiful up here. There's a bunch of rigs here already but plenty of room so come on up or down just get here. There's a TnT scheduled for today but a pretty good chance of storms today so keep an eye to the skies.

Robbie Welch 05-23-2019 05:56 PM

Re: Live from Maple Grove Raceway

So you think you want to be a traveling sportsman racer? I already told you of our travel woes yesterday. So I go to take the car out of the trailer for tech and it seems to be leaning a bit I get looking and you guessed it I've got a slick going flat. Sure enough theirs a screw in one. Off to the Goodyear truck I go, I was pretty sure of the answer but asked anyway and no they can't fix it (I understand liability) I'll fix it later. So many dollars later I've got new slicks. I'm going to have win the race to brake even. Oh yea I got the trailer tire replaced an if your in need of tires while in the area try LS tires a little shop but great service and prices. So that's it, time to relax a little. You've got to love this stuff and we do.

2021STK 05-23-2019 07:59 PM

May the good luck be with you my friend!

1matcoman 05-23-2019 09:37 PM

Gotta love it, Robbie! Just "keep on keeping on", sir.
Ain't this sport fun? I mean, all you do is go on green and go straight for 1320 feet. What could go wrong?

DIAPERMAN 05-23-2019 11:16 PM

"Livin The Dream"

BKSG1198 05-24-2019 06:18 AM

Same thing happened at Atco Open for me Robbie. Brand new front tires, maybe 10 passes on them (Test Session and Atco .90 Race) Made 3 passes Friday and 1 pass Saturday. Came back and the way the tire sat on the asphalt it didn’t leak, got called for R1 go to pull out of the pits and Bob Bender comes running over, you got a flat. Small hole right at the seem of the tire. Needless to say they wouldn’t plug it and with only 14 Super Gas Cars it made it tough to fix it...so an expensive weekend not even making first round...ugh!!!

Robbie Welch 05-24-2019 06:30 AM

Thanks Dave wish you where here buddy. We're blessed to be able to do this and plan on doing it until we're not able or its not fun anymore hopefully that will be a while. Well we had a pretty good rain last night with lots of severe storm and tornado warning for here and the surrounding area thank goodness all we had was rain but the sun is out and it looks to be a beautiful day so come on out.

KEVIN T 05-24-2019 01:20 PM

Robbie, glad you made it there safely. Keep us Southern folk (LOL) posted.
Kevin

BKSG1198 05-24-2019 09:25 PM

Kevin you forgot to say Ya’ll (since your down south now)

Robbie Welch 05-25-2019 07:16 AM

Kevin its strange not seeing you and that black Nova up here. Well we put together a couple of good qualifying runs and made it into the Top 8 race but I sure did stink it up in the 1st round. The air felt and the instruments said the air was getting better so I made my adjustments and didn't I go the wrong way (man it was slow out there). I ran 11.06 and would of only gone 11.01 and Gene Schneck got the win (nice job Gene). But I wasn't the only slow car with a number of the stock and S/St cars running really slow? But todays a new day and hopefully I can get back on track. I'm not sure of the car counts but there's a good number of cars in all classes.