CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Carolina Class Racers Association (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   2013 CCRA Season (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=45420)

SCOTT TILLEY 01-22-2013 07:45 PM

2013 CCRA Season

2013 is shaping up to be a great season for the CCRA. We have 2 tracks on the schedule this year that the CCRA has never competed at, Dunn Benson Dragway and Virginia Motor Sports Park. Racing at VMP should bring in some new racers and further strengthen our association. Also, We already have 6 title race sponsors signed up and the trophy sponsor secured.
We will have our awards presentation for the 2012 Top Ten in points at the first race of the year, which will be March 10th at Piedmont Dragway.
March 10 Piedmont Dragway 1/8
May 19 Fayetteville Motorsports Park 1/4
June 15 Dunn Benson Dragway 1/8
June 29 Roxboro Motorsports 1/8.
August 24 Coastal Plains Dragway 1/8
September 21 Piedmont Dragway 1/8
October 26 Virginia Motorsports Park 1/4
November 17 Fayetteville Motorsports 1/8

I would like to thank all the sponsors that have already signed up for the 2013 season!!! We are still in need of two title race sponsors and a dash for cash shootout sponsor.

Title Race Sponsors
Ace Rug Cleaning Jim Reynolds
Auto-Plus Mike Longhany
H & F Performance Doug Hobgood
Currie’s Towing Fonzie Currie
Warren Engines Jeff Warren
Ultimate Converter Concepts Lenny & Dawn Croteau

Trophy Sponsor
Ultimate Converter Concepts Lenny & Dawn Croteau

Bordeaux Machine, Jeff Bordeaux - Has signed back up for another year to sponsor The Best Reaction Time for the entire race. Winners will be awarded $50 for each of the 8 races.
Techwest Racing Services, Patrick Collins has also signed back up to sponsor the CCRA with gift certificates redeemable at his business. Winner of each of the 8 races a $100 gift certificate, runner-up $75 gift certificate, & 3rd a $50 gift certificate. He specializes in MSD Ignition Repair.
Anyone wanting to do any type of sponsorship, whether it be money, special type of program or sponsorship in the form of product or gift certificates, please contact me.
Anyone wishing to join the CCRA, please send me your e-mail address and I will send you over a membership form.
Membership cost is $25.00.
It is valid from date of purchase to December 31, 2013.
Please make checks payable to "CCRA".
Send your membership form and check to:
Scott Tilley
12508 Ghoston Road
Wake Forest, NC 27587

As a reminder, the CCRA operates under current IHRA class rules, IHRA rules and regulations and IHRA class indexes.

Lets go Class Racing in 2013!!!

Scott Tilley
Superstock9327@yahoo.com
919-291-4355

Rusty Davenport 01-23-2013 10:47 AM

Re: 2013 CCRA Season

Go Scott----you are the man.........what a great job !!!!!

SCOTT TILLEY 01-23-2013 12:18 PM

Also would like to thank Michael Beard-Staging Light Graphics, for continuing to be our Decal and Flyer sponsor!!!

SCOTT TILLEY 01-24-2013 01:15 PM

Thanks to Gary Wisecarver @ Wisecarver Race Cars for becoming our 7th title race sponsor!!!! We need one more title race sponsor to complete having our 8 race schedule complete!!! Title Race Sponsorship is only $400.00 and that goes 100 % to our points fund!!! Please contact me if you would like to become a sponsor of the CCRA!!!! Products, gift certificates, race programs, donations, etc., will all be accepted and receipts are given out to take off your taxes as advertising!!!

You can now find us on twitter @ccra2013!!!

Thanks
Scott Tilley
superstock9327@yahoo,com
919-291-4355

Ultimate Converter Concepts 01-25-2013 09:07 AM

We are very excited to be on board again this year , Scott. You can't beat a day of great class racing, and the CCRA guys deliver!! Best of luck to all the racers this season. Hope to attend the season opener at Piedmont.

SCOTT TILLEY 01-27-2013 12:01 PM

I am proud to anounce that we have sponsorship for all eight of our races!!! Thanks to Virginia Speed Race Cars & Transmissions-Mike Graham for becoming our eighth race sponsor!!! We have plenty of other type of sponsorship packages avaliable. If you are interested in supporting the CCRA with sponsorship, product, gift certificates, donations, etc. Please contact me!!!

Presented by: Ultimate Converter Concepts

May 19 Fayetteville Motorsports Park 1/4
Presented by: Curries Towing & Racing

Presented by: Auto-Plus Service Center

June 29 Roxboro Motorsports 1/8
Presented by: Ace Rug Cleaning Co.

Presented by: H & F Performance

September 21 Piedmont Dragway 1/8
Presented by: Wisecarver Race Cars

Presented by: Virginia Speed Race Cars
& Transmissions

November 17 Fayetteville Motorsports Park 1/8
Presented by: Warren Engines

Please thank all of your Title Race Sponsors for stepping up and supporting our Carolina Class Racers Association!!!

Thanks
Scott Tilley
superstock9327@yahoo.com
919-291-4355

SCOTT TILLEY 01-29-2013 12:45 PM

The CCRA schedule is now on dragracecentral.com!!! The results of all of our races will be posted under the Drag News Button.

Thanks
Scott Tilley
superstock9327@yahoo.com
919-291-4355

SCOTT TILLEY 02-10-2013 08:51 PM

For the 2013 season, we will be claiming the best 6 out of 8 races. The CCRA runs Stock and Super Stock as one eliminator, therefore double entries are NOT allowed.

I’m trying to put together a second chance race for each of our 8 events. First and second losers would be able to enter for a $25.00 entry fee, which like our primary race is 100% payback. For example, with a 15 car field, the payout would be $250.00 for the winner and $125.00 for the runner up. Roxboro Motorsports has committed to add $200.00 to the pot for the second chance race. The other tracks said they may be able to kick some in as well. I am looking for sponsors for the second chance race as well as a Dash for Cash sponsor. Listed below are the sponsorships we still have available..

Dash for Cash Shootout Sponsorship is $900.00

The dash for cash will take place at every event, on the second qualifying run. All racers that want to participate will dial-in their car and the racer with the closest E.T. to their dial combined with their reaction time will win $25.00 and be qualified for the shoot-out at the end of the year. The shoot-out will consist of 8 different racers. The winner will receive $500.00 and a champion’s trophy that will have your logo and company name on it, the runner up will receive $200.00. Your company will be advertised at all events as the “Your Company Dash for Cash” and as the “Your Company Shoot Out” at the last race of the season. As well as all the advertisement that will be on facebook, twitter, classracer.com, dragracecentral.com, flyers and other media that may be used.

Second Chance Race sponsorship is $950.00

For 2013, we want to give the racers that lost in the first and second round of eliminations a second chance to win. Entry for each of the eight races will be $25.00. The entry fee money combined with your company sponsorship of $100.00 plus plaque per race and any monies that the track is willing to put in the pot would be awarded to the winner and runner up. Plaques will be given out to the winner of each of the 8 second chance races with your logo and company name on them. As well as all the advertisement that will be on facebook, twitter, classracer.com, dragracecentral.com, flyers and other media that may be used.

Program Sponsorship is $400.00 (for the year or $50.00 per race.)

Any type of program you choose, from best losing package to the closest to dial in or any other type of program that you would like to see.

No Set Dollar Amount Sponsorship

A sponsorship of $ gift certificates, products, or money donations to the CCRA point’s fund, will gladly be accepted.

*All companies that provide a sponsorship will be provided a receipt from the Carolina Class Racers Association that you can deduct from your taxes as an advertising expense.

With your help, the CCRA can keep class racing alive and thriving!!!

If you have any questions, please contact me!!!

Thanks
Scott Tilley
Superstock9327@yahoo.com
919-291-4355

SCOTT TILLEY 02-11-2013 09:39 AM

Just in this morning, Coastal Plains has put up $200.00 for the Second Chance race!!!
Thanks Ronnie and Shawn!!!!

Thanks
Scott Tilley
superstock9327@yahoo.com
919-291-4355

Brandon Peterson 02-11-2013 11:54 PM

since this is a association i think we should take a vote on allowing racers with a stock and a super stock car to allow a double entry, i think this should be up us the races to decide by vote and you pick your points claim before the first qualifying roud( im not trying to step on toes here, just think we should look into this). i think this will be a good idea more cars equals more rd money a bigger payout and points fund

also thanks scott for a great schedule and thank you to all sponsors envolved, im ready to get the season started

Homer Carty 02-12-2013 08:57 AM

On double entrys if u have a stocker and super stocker its to different car setup and class rules which we r allowed to run both class in Ihra or Nhra class on the same weekend. I know of 10 people runing ccra right now that would run two cars thats 750 more dollars per race thats more than what Ihra runner up money is I agree with Brandon there should be a vote

Jeffl52 02-12-2013 08:59 AM

I'm for it. Just as long as you claim which car or number will be your point claiming car, and that the two cars have to be one Stock and one Super Stock. In my eyes it would be a easy way to get atleast 8 to 10 more cars each race!!!!

SCOTT TILLEY 02-12-2013 09:31 AM

The CCRA is a Stock/Super Stock Combo Class Racing association. Stock and Super Stock is run as one eliminator. I don't know of any IHRA/NHRA event that you can drive 2 cars in the same eliminator, except maybe a bracket race. We are not a bracket racing association. The CCRA was started to allow legal IHRA/NHRA Stock and Super Stock cars and trucks an alternative place to race. And to follow IHRA/NHRA class rules and race regulations. This is the main reason I have started a second chance race. To give CLASS racers another chance to win at a very low cost.

If you have any questions please contact me.

Thank You
Scott Tilley
superstock9327@yahoo.com
919-291-4355

SCOTT TILLEY 02-12-2013 09:49 AM

Other than putting more money in the pot, what would be the advantage for all the racers and the association? There is none. The advantage would only be for the ones that have two cars entered. You get double the hits on the tree and when it comes down to having to run yourself, which car do you think you will pick to win? Of course the one you are claiming for the points. It is an unfair advantage.

Thanks
Scott Tilley

Brandon Peterson 02-12-2013 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCOTT TILLEY (Post 368825)
Other than putting more money in the pot, what would be the advantage for all the racers and the association? There is none. The advantage would only be for the ones that have two cars entered. You get double the hits on the tree and when it comes down to having to run yourself, which car do you think you will pick to win? Of course the one you are claiming for the points. It is an unfair advantage.

Thanks
Scott Tilley

right scott good point who needs more cars more support from the races i forgot if we allow that then we are comparing it to bracket racing..whatever man.

i guess we have no say in anything that happens at these races, years ago this was supposed to be something fun for all of us to do instead of high prices and long waits at the nationals, i have no problem with rules and i think a second chance race is a great idea to have at the combos, but what is the problem with a person that has a STOCKER and a SUPER STOCKER being able to race at the same event IHRA allows this at there track hosted combos, and you can run both cars i did it at rockingham a few years ago..if im going to drive to VMP for a combo i would like to take 2 cars, there is no extra hits on the tree thats a moot point no car is exactly the same so saying i get a time run in both cars that is no extra time on the tree leaving with a transbrake is not the same as leaving with a footbrake, make it 1 time run per car then if thats the problem i have no problem making a run in my ss car and a run in my stocker and thats it, thats the ww do it at the 2 day races...

SCOTT TILLEY 02-12-2013 05:14 PM

Before the CCRA was actually formed, notification went out here on class racer concerning forming a Stock/Super Stock racing association. The meeting was held in a central location which was Burlington, N.C. Only a handful of racers showed up to give their inputs and suggestions on how the association should be ran. The racers that attended that meeting agreed that it should be ran off of IHRA's rulebook so all classes could race. Since NHRA didn't allow crate motors and such. This class racing association, known as the Carolina Class Racers Association was born that day. The association was formed to give legal Stock and Super Stock racers an alternative place to race without the high cost and to keep class racing alive and not to have to worry about bracket racing. We have all built cars or bought cars to class race with, why would we want to dilute that by allowing bracket racing rules?
I would like to see, as well others that have expressed to me, the CCRA grow large enough that we could have class run offs, heads up runs and to have a tech person on sight at every race. We are not at that point yet, but we are a growing association that is getting new members and racers every year. The CCRA is doing this by keeping the integrity of class racing alive.

Please PM me or call me if you have any concerns and lets keep the CCRA class racer page friendly and upbeat. There are potential sponsors out there and the last thing we want to do is set the example of an association that is in disaray. We are not that type association and the CCRA racers are a "class" act,

Thank You
Scott Tilley
superstock9327@yahoo.com
919-291-4355

MikeMoller 02-12-2013 06:22 PM

I would not like to see double entries by a single drive. I do not object to running the SS guys, though I believe they have some advantage over the footbrake guys because of the transbrake. This can hold up the show waiting on the driver from an earlier round.

In addition, since one of the cars is not a 'points' car, it has the ability to put a points earning car out, acting as sort of a spoiler. Don't like that either.

The only way to consider this is might be to split stock and super stock until the later rounds, say quarter or semi finals. That makes setting up the show to complicated, so I think that is really not an option.

I think if you have two cars, and want to run both, get a second driver.

My 2 cents.

Mike Moller

danny waters sr 02-12-2013 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeMoller (Post 368899)
I would not like to see double entries by a single drive. I do not object to running the SS guys, though I believe they have some advantage over the footbrake guys because of the transbrake. This can hold up the show waiting on the driver from an earlier round.

In addition, since one of the cars is not a 'points' car, it has the ability to put a points earning car out, acting as sort of a spoiler. Don't like that either.

The only way to consider this is might be to split stock and super stock until the later rounds, say quarter or semi finals. That makes setting up the show to complicated, so I think that is really not an option.

My 2 cents.

Mike Moller

x2

Brandon Peterson 02-12-2013 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeMoller (Post 368899)

My 2 cents.

Mike Moller

I understand it may take up some more time but that's probably only the first race then it will flow better... Actually how many super stocker won the CCRA races last year I'm think at least maybe 1 if any won they all we're stockers I believe .... Not real sure though.... But u know it's whatever I will race either way I have supported since it was just a Roxboro series.... So thank u sponsors for your support

joe huestis 02-12-2013 10:01 PM

I agree with Moller, Scott, and Danny. Leave things as they are.

jim reynolds 02-12-2013 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brandon Peterson (Post 368856)
right scott good point who needs more cars more support from the races i forgot if we allow that then we are comparing it to bracket racing..whatever man.

i guess we have no say in anything that happens at these races, years ago this was supposed to be something fun for all of us to do instead of high prices and long waits at the nationals, i have no problem with rules and i think a second chance race is a great idea to have at the combos, but what is the problem with a person that has a STOCKER and a SUPER STOCKER being able to race at the same event IHRA allows this at there track hosted combos, and you can run both cars i did it at rockingham a few years ago..if im going to drive to VMP for a combo i would like to take 2 cars, there is no extra hits on the tree thats a moot point no car is exactly the same so saying i get a time run in both cars that is no extra time on the tree leaving with a transbrake is not the same as leaving with a footbrake, make it 1 time run per car then if thats the problem i have no problem making a run in my ss car and a run in my stocker and thats it, thats the ww do it at the 2 day races...

i thought we took a survey on this... and what was the result i never heard anything,, im beginning to wonder if this is Scott Tilleys Stock Super Stock Association, if your so concerd and such an avid class racer how is you run an association and dont even show up to all your events last year or run but 1 or 2 IHRA races.....

this is the guy that tells us how we are supposed to run our association

Well Scott, it's a damn shame that with all of your wonderful hard work along with Tabitha's that you have to listen to garbage like this!!!! As one of CCRA's sponsors I agree that we follow the original premise of IHRA rules and the last time i checked we can't run 2 cars in the same eliminator.... nuff said. I for one, hope your don't get discouraged hearing this b.s. and i sincerely appreciate your hard work to give us an alternative place to race. Hell, i've got 6 race cars....I'm perfectly happy to bring only 1!

Brandon Peterson 02-12-2013 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jim reynolds (Post 368924)
Well Scott, it's a damn shame that with all of your wonderful hard work along with Tabitha's that you have to listen to garbage like this!!!! As one of CCRA's sponsors I agree that we follow the original premise of IHRA rules and the last time i checked we can't run 2 cars in the same eliminator.... nuff said. I for one, hope your don't get discouraged hearing this b.s. and i sincerely appreciate your hard work to give us an alternative place to race. Hell, i've got 6 race cars....I'm perfectly happy to bring only 1!

Jim, opinions are opinions that's just it an opinion, I along with others are not trying to change a thing just asking if we can race 2 different cars in a combo race... I apologize for my actions and words that were not the best to use but I apologize for them... I'm fine with racing one car it was a simple question and I'm tired of it being resorted to the term bracket racing not class racing...l told Scott and Tabitha I thankful for what they did no question about that...

jim reynolds 02-12-2013 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brandon Peterson (Post 368929)
Jim, opinions are opinions that's just it an opinion, I along with others are not trying to change a thing just asking if we can race 2 different cars in a combo race... I apologize for my actions and words that were not the best to use but I apologize for them... I'm fine with racing one car it was a simple question and I'm tired of it being resorted to the term bracket racing not class racing...l told Scott and Tabitha I thankful for what they did no question about that...

OK, I appreciate that. I was just offended for Scott that you seemed to be beating him up for not seeing things your way. I LOVE to race as much as you do, i've just had to concentrate on my business the last couple of years and not been able to. Let's just enjoy this sport, support our orgination, with the current rules, and compete against one another. BTW, these aren't bracket cars and i'm with you...i could build a competitive bracket car with the money i have in just the valvetrain in my '57!!!! Let's enjoy what we have while we have it!!!

Jeffl52 02-12-2013 10:46 PM

No apologies needed just both sides of the discussion voicing their opions. At the end of the story we must and will abide by our associations decision. Dont see the need for anyone to get bent out of shape for something that will continue to grow with all of our support. I for one believe this organization can grow to be big enough for people to skip IHRA or NHRA races to attend a CCRA race instead. As a sponsor myself we hope to continue our contribution throughout the growth process. You'll see atleast 3 of our cars at the first event and every event after. We'll be sure to have 3 drivers as well.LOL!! See everyone in a few weeks...

Brandon Peterson 02-12-2013 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jim reynolds (Post 368932)
OK, I appreciate that. I was just offended for Scott that you seemed to be beating him up for not seeing things your way. I LOVE to race as much as you do, i've just had to concentrate on my business the last couple of years and not been able to. Let's just enjoy this sport, support our orgination, with the current rules, and compete against one another. BTW, these aren't bracket cars and i'm with you...i could build a competitive bracket car with the money i have in just the valvetrain in my '57!!!! Let's enjoy what we have while we have it!!!

Jim, thanks I have talked with Scott and have spoke about what was said on that note I ambwith you on everything lets race and have fun, I don't have quite the money u have in your vette ( which is a priceless race car) but we put the time and quality in our cars and spending a dime on our ss program this year...

jim reynolds 02-12-2013 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeffl52 (Post 368936)
No apologies needed just both sides of the discussion voicing their opions. At the end of the story we must and will abide by our associations decision. Dont see the need for anyone to get bent out of shape for something that will continue to grow with all of our support. I for one believe this organization can grow to be big enough for people to skip IHRA or NHRA races to attend a CCRA race instead. As a sponsor myself we hope to continue our contribution throughout the growth process. You'll see atleast 3 of our cars at the first event and every event after. We'll be sure to have 3 drivers as well.LOL!! See everyone in a few weeks...

ACTUALLY, Scott did deserve Brandon's apology and Brandon admirably did. Class racing always has been and always should be the prestigous single elimination and single entry tournament. There are plenty of BRACKET races around where u can double practice since u want it! I'm not bent out of shape, there is no reason to dumb down class racing. I also believe that the original CCRA rule of only allowing cars that have passed IHRA or NHRA tech to compete to be upheld!!! I think you dad supports that. Your so called "growth" process only seems to allow people like you with 2 cars to compete with the single car people and you enjoying the advantages of double hits and double elimination. If everyone can't do that then it's an unfair advantage any way you want to slice it with your 3 car, 3 driver lol's. One thing's for sure, I won't miss any CCRA races this year. I'll be sure to be there with 1 car AND 1 driver as well....LOL!!!

Tracy Robbins 02-12-2013 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brandon Peterson (Post 368856)

i thought we took a survey on this... and what was the result i never heard anything,, im beginning to wonder if this is Scott Tilleys Stock Super Stock Association, if your so concerd and such an avid class racer how is you run an association and dont even show up to all your events last year or run but 1 or 2 IHRA races.....

this is the guy that tells us how we are supposed to run our association

I am very disappointed in some of the remarks I see here...that said I am glad apologies have been extended. There are only positives for the people trying to run multiple cars in a situation like this, it definitely will not attract additional members but it may encourage a few to stay home. In a points earning race the biggest advantage I see is if you get a round where you run yourself and the others don't have that option for a "free" round. If they allow it at an IHRA combo race you have to remember they aren't keeping points, that is a stand alone event. I don't think we want to end up with just 4 or 5 guys racing 2 cars and others not attending. I have raced multiple cars before and I know for a fact that it helped me to get more laps, more hits at the tree, just all around more comfortable knowing if you lost in one car you still had a chance in another. I really don't think it's just about getting more cars but we need more members.
Believe me, I know how difficult the job is that Scott is doing and insults don't make it any easier. Just support what we have and be happy we have someone willing to put the time and energy into coordinating it!
Just my .02 cents

Dave Ribeiro 02-13-2013 12:24 AM

Scott,

Just a thought don't change your rules , as Jim /Tracy said IHRA & NHRA wouldn't allow this why should CCRA ... Why not increase the entry fee by $25 & it will do the same think without giving any advantage to other people !! If it's about Money then this should workout & everyone can be Happy ? You guys have a good thing going don't ruin it , stay away from Two cars & Buy-backs ... The Race at VMP will draw more racers to CCRA , so keep expanding the track base ... I have to agree with everyone that Scott has done a great Job and needs our support for his hard work ... Keeping the sponsor's Happy is the most important thing you can do... Without them you are Toast !! Just something's to think about?

SCOTT TILLEY 02-13-2013 10:30 AM

There are alot of people out there that says class racing is a dying breed. I'm not sure it's dying, but I do believe that there has been decline of class racers. The so called "old timers", which anyone in their 40's and 50's as I am, are not too far away from that title, has kept class racing alive are getting to the point of retirement from drag racing. It is now on all of our shoulders to preserve and keep the integrity and grass roots of class racing prosperous and growing in the direction that they gave us so many years ago. The more we dilute the rules, the more we dilute what class racing was and still is all about. Getting the best performance we can get within a set and limited amount of guidelines. As Jim said, owning and/or driving a class car is "prestigous". Anyone can go bracket racing. but it is our special breed that wants more from racing than just going down the track. Lets try to bring back the prestige that class racers once had and keep it growing for the generations that follow behind us.

With all of this being said, if there is a question of legality of anyone racing in the CCRA., please let me know with a phone call, PM, or an e-mail and I will deal with the issue and also seek the advise from long time class racers within our association. This is not something that needs to come through the grapevine but directly to me. We are abiding by IHRA's rulebook which includes engine and car rules and regulations. I have full confidence in our racers and members that they will support the decision of the CCRA if someone is deemed to be illegal.

There are alot of our racers and members that have suggested that we have a tech official on site at all of our races. I am all for that!!! But, that cost money. We need $150.00 each race to have a Stock/Super Stock official present. If we could get a sponsor for that, we wouldn't need to take $1200.00 out of the points fund. The other suggestion I have is to up the entry $5.00, from $75.00 to $80.00 and that would take care of the $150.00 per race. Please let me know your suggestions on this!!! It is important to have everyones input on this.

Lets grow the CCRA into an association that we can be proud of and keep the prestigous aspect of owning/driving a Stock, Super Stock or Modified car alive for many years to come.

Thanks
Scott Tilley
superstock9327@yahoo.com
919-291-4355 (cell)

Jeffl52 02-13-2013 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jim reynolds (Post 368944)
ACTUALLY, Scott did deserve Brandon's apology and Brandon admirably did. Class racing always has been and always should be the prestigous single elimination and single entry tournament. There are plenty of BRACKET races around where u can double practice since u want it! I'm not bent out of shape, there is no reason to dumb down class racing. I also believe that the original CCRA rule of only allowing cars that have passed IHRA or NHRA tech to compete to be upheld!!! I think you dad supports that. Your so called "growth" process only seems to allow people like you with 2 cars to compete with the single car people and you enjoying the advantages of double hits and double elimination. If everyone can't do that then it's an unfair advantage any way you want to slice it with your 3 car, 3 driver lol's. One thing's for sure, I won't miss any CCRA races this year. I'll be sure to be there with 1 car AND 1 driver as well....LOL!!!

No the GROWTH process I'm speaking of is the actual growth I feel we can achieve through this association. If anyone hasn't noticed we are growing, but with any growth there will be some growing pains which will be handled accordlingly. Had already stated it was just a opinion and we'll abide by the rules our leader and fellow racers. I for one love these events and in no way want to jeopardize the CCRA in any way. We've all had a bad idea or 2!!! Hope everyone is still in good spirits and are as excited as me to start another year. I'm pulling out tomorrow night for Gainesville which will be my first NHRA race and pretty excited about that as well!!

SCOTT TILLEY 02-13-2013 05:49 PM

Thanks for calling this morning Jeff. Good luck in Gainesville this weekend!!!

S.T.

jim reynolds 02-14-2013 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeffl52 (Post 369017)
No the GROWTH process I'm speaking of is the actual growth I feel we can achieve through this association. If anyone hasn't noticed we are growing, but with any growth there will be some growing pains which will be handled accordlingly. Had already stated it was just a opinion and we'll abide by the rules our leader and fellow racers. I for one love these events and in no way want to jeopardize the CCRA in any way. We've all had a bad idea or 2!!! Hope everyone is still in good spirits and are as excited as me to start another year. I'm pulling out tomorrow night for Gainesville which will be my first NHRA race and pretty excited about that as well!!

OK, i'll accept your growth process response and leave it at that. Like you, i appreciate and love these events along with IHRA and NHRA's events. Good luck at Gainesville, i loook forward to our competing together at CCRA, IHRA, NHRA in the coming year!!!

Jeffl52 02-14-2013 09:16 AM

ME TOO!! I think we've all been trapped in our houses to long without any good ol competition!! See everyone soon

SCOTT TILLEY 02-15-2013 12:07 PM

After talking with several CCRA racers, it has been determined that the majority is in favor of having a tech official at our events. Our cost to make this possible is $150.00 per race. To keep from taking money from the points fund, entry fee will be raised to $80.00. The payout will still be based on the $75.00 entry. The additional $5.00 per entry will go towards paying our tech official. At the end of the year, what is left over from the additional $5.00 per entry per event will go directly into the points fund. Example, if we have 40 cars, the additional $5.00 collected is $200.00. $150.00 goes to paying our tech director, the extra $50.00 goes into the points and to offset when we may not have the minimum of 30 cars, which is what is needed to break even of the $150.00..

In saying all of this, I would like to welcome aboard Robert Kinton as the CCRA’s Official Tech Director.

With Robert already being an IHRA Tech Official for many years, his experience and knowledge will be a great benefit to the CCRA. Robert will be overseeing any tech concerns that we racers may have, as well as, but not limited to, handling the pairings of staging when we do not have a ladder.

As we move forward with the growth of the CCRA, we want to make certain that class racing stays as pure as it was many years ago and that we take pride in knowing we are doing our best to keep it that way!!!

If you have any questions, please call, email or PM me!!!

Thank you
Scott Tilley
superstock9327@yahoo.com
919-291-4355

SCOTT TILLEY 03-02-2013 01:33 PM

For the 2013 season and beyond, a tech advisory board has been established to help in the decisions of any discrepancies that may arise on or off the track. The board members are veteran class racers with the same goal of keeping the integrity of class racing alive and keeping the CCRA growing. The board members are as follows:

Doug Hobgood
Jim Reynolds
Donnie Moore,Sr.
Tracy Robbins
Scott Tilley

I would like to thank them for taking on this responsibilty.

All racers will need to see Robert Kinton for your 2013 CCRA tech sticker prior to elimination at the first race you attend. If you have been teched by the IHRA in the last 12 months you will not need to bring your race vehicle to tech. For those who have not been teched by the IHRA, you will need to bring your race vehicle to tech for Robert to look at.This should eliminate anyone trying to run that does not have a legal Stock or Super Stock race vehicle.

I would also like to thank Mark Young for all the help he has provided to me and the CCRA this 2013 season. There is alot happening in the off season to make preparation for the upcoming racing season as well as what goes into keeping the race season running smoothly.

Just as an overview, Memberships are $25.00 which puts you eligible to participate in the season points championship. Memberships must be paid prior to the start of first round for that race to count.

Entry fee is $80.00, in which $5.00 of the entry goes to pay for our tech director. Payout will still be based on the $75.00 entry fee.

All entries must see the tech director for your 2013 tech sticker prior to eliminations of the first race you attend.

The best of 6 out of 8 races will be counted for the members of the CCRA.

I believe with the changes we have made for the 2013 season, will be our best year yet!!!

Thank you racers and sponsors for all of your support!!!!

Scott Tilley
919-291-4355
superstock9327@yahoo.com

bert powell 03-18-2013 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCOTT TILLEY (Post 367046)
The CCRA schedule is now on dragracecentral.com!!! The results of all of our races will be posted under the Drag News Button.

Thanks
Scott Tilley
superstock9327@yahoo.com
919-291-4355

Was the results posted? Did not see them. Thanks!

SCOTT TILLEY 03-18-2013 07:40 PM

Hey Bert. The results are posted under CCRA Race # 1.

Thanks
Scott

SCOTT TILLEY 05-08-2013 11:20 AM

Updated 2013 Schedule due to weather

Presented by: Ultimate Converter Concepts

Presented by: Auto-Plus Service Center

Presented by: H & F Performance

September 7 Piedmont Dragway 1/8
Presented by: Wisecarver Race Cars

September 21 Roxboro Motorsports 1/8
Presented by: Ace Rug Cleaning Co.

October 6 Fayetteville Motorsports Park 1/4
Presented by: Curries Towing & Racing

Presented by: Virginia Speed Race Cars
& Transmissions

November 17 Fayetteville Motorsports Park 1/8
Presented by: Warren Engines

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Thanks
Scott Tilley