CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   .90 Heads Up Class Racing Tech (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Setting Up Suspension for SG (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=74856)

StompNDump 12-02-2019 09:19 AM

Setting Up Suspension for SG

I see a bunch of roadsters not running any wheelie bars or they are set very high. I assume they want a big wheelie etc. but what are the benefits on a roadster having it come so high up? I always thought that was wasted momentum going up instead or forward. How does everyone set there suspension.

Tom Goldman 12-02-2019 10:54 AM

Re: Setting Up Suspension for SG

a lot of Super class racers leave the bars off because we go on the stop immediately after the release and dont really carry them out that far .
I leave mine off for that reason ,plus I have to remove them for loading and tie down anyway.
The wheelstand is very soft ,even if it goes up a foot or two because its not being carried out under full throttle.
And ,some guys just like wheelstands !

StompNDump 12-02-2019 11:06 AM

So basically the wheel stand is just for show? No added advantage of doing so? My bars dont need to come off for loading or unloading so maybe I would just leave them on.

Tom Goldman 12-02-2019 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StompNDump (Post 603055)
So basically the wheel stand is just for show? No added advantage of doing so? My bars dont need to come off for loading or unloading so maybe I would just leave them on.

Some cars need to yank the wheels up to hit the tree ,others don't . ..Horsepower ,converter ,chassis setup ,driver all factor in .
letting my car do a bit of a wheel stand helps eat a little 60' so I don't need as much in the timer.

Lenny5160 12-03-2019 12:50 PM

My dragster is much, much faster than my door car. My door car does wheelies though, so I usually leave the dragster to sit in the garage.

sst5167 12-04-2019 08:18 AM

Like most things, there are many different opinions and ways to go about making a super gas car work.
Wheelie bars are set high, or left off because they can cause the tire to "unload." The car is usually already coming on the throttle stop while it's riding the bars. The power being taken away while on the bars hard is what can cause the car to unload.
Like said before, some guys like to get their car to "jump" out of the lights for a quicker reaction time. But it can also slow your e.t. down so you need less time in the throttle stop timer, which will allow the car to come back to wide open throttle sooner for a bigger top end charge.