CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Bracket Racing (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Tuning ET with msd grid (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=74608)

Frank Rizzo 10-30-2019 09:21 PM

Tuning ET with msd grid

Keep hearing stories but what are some techniques you have heard of?

voltdr 10-31-2019 11:45 AM

Re: Tuning ET with msd grid

Are you tuning to make it go down the track or tuning for a specific ET?
Dan

Frank Rizzo 11-03-2019 09:16 AM

Hearing about the system being programmed to signal the driver the car is on or off the number. Maddy box type stuff.

voltdr 11-06-2019 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank Rizzo (Post 600943)
Hearing about the system being programmed to signal the driver the car is on or off the number. Maddy box type stuff.

That's not tuning....that's cheating.
There is a slew-rate box that can be plugged into the grid, but it is banned by most racing organizations.
Dan

Maverick 11-07-2019 02:22 PM

I don't know about on or off the et. But I have a idiot lite come on around the1000 ft mark. If you think it can tell you if you off a couple of hundreths, then you better get a grid. No worse that using a throttle stop time at certain part of the track. But for the MSD telling you yes or no, the answer is no

Frank Rizzo 11-07-2019 06:48 PM

There are endless ways of triggering the driver or car with this box about the cars ET. Is that cheating? I think it is but it's happening according to a lot of talk in the pits.

Keith 944 11-07-2019 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick (Post 601233)
I don't know about on or off the et. But I have a idiot lite come on around the1000 ft mark. If you think it can tell you if you off a couple of hundreths, then you better get a grid. No worse that using a throttle stop time at certain part of the track. But for the MSD telling you yes or no, the answer is no

" But I have a idiot lite come on around the1000 ft mark. "

I believe that use in itself is considered cheating.

Keith 944 11-07-2019 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank Rizzo (Post 601252)
There are endless ways of triggering the driver or car with this box about the cars ET. Is that cheating? I think it is but it's happening according to a lot of talk in the pits.

Winners will continue to win, I can only hope anyone cheating will be caught and banned for life. but i have seen many things happen and more or less overlooked.
There was another thread about the Moser axle mania race where a good racer got in the race (qualified points throughout the season) without even having the required axles. How do you think the next place qualifier (someone that followed all the rules of the program) felt when he did not qualify to race.

Maverick 11-07-2019 07:50 PM

I asked NHRA , years ago about it, and they said it was fine. As long as it can't tell you track position, it is legal. The talked about four stage throttle controls, in the feel, and if it legal with throttle control, the light coming on is legal

Maverick 11-07-2019 08:24 PM

I would ask NHRA, if it is a all electronics class, and allow timers, and throttle controls, and your going to ban me for having a idiot lite come on. I am getting old, so if I am banned for having a lite come on, then so be it. The racers are tough, and if you think I am going to look at the light going 140, when the other guys is going 170, you have no idea. Steve Williams S/G 351N, small block Ford probe with a clutch and a five speed.